Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

870 got Rammed Home

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: 870 got Rammed Home Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice day here and my son said we could use his 5.7 hemi ram to get the 870 east of Mankato MN home,of course I agreeded with him. Those 5.7's are not that big but pull dang good. A strong cross wind just made the Ram more thirsty but power was not an issue. It delivered the 870 home safely at 7.5 mpg at 55-60 I don't know how that rates compared to others. The trip was 120 mi.

55 50 Ron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 870 got Rammed Home Reply to specific post Reply with quote

East of Mankato - probably in my area - Waseca?

Ron

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 870 got Rammed Home Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thats a Great Looking pair Rod!! Case & Mopar what could be better!! I think you have a Cuda hiding in the family tree if my thinkin is right? nice to see the trip was a Win Win cnt

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 870 got Rammed Home Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes the sons Cuda is in hibernation, we had a good trip.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 870 got Rammed Home Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We were SE of Mankato, guessing 6-7 mi.

pete 23
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 870 got Rammed Home Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Must have been near Eagle Lake or St. Clair. I see tractor had New Ulm dealer sticker on it .

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 870 got Rammed Home Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod
What are your plans for it? you going to put it to work?
Loren

Kow Farmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 870 got Rammed Home Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod,
The 870 looks great. I hope your son enjoys it.
I remember the Case dealer very well in New Ulm. I think they went out of business in the 80's. Glad to see you got the tractor home safe.
Kow Farmer (Kurt)

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: 870 got Rammed Home Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Kurt, weather permiting maybe later this week we will be in your area, will be in touch, Rod.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: 870 got Rammed Home Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Loren it probably will not see field work, mainly light yard work. We have a 70 loader for it and a smaller snowblower which my son will use. He has been using my 730 CK diesel, non cab tractor. I have PTO auger work for it also, being a gasser it should work good for all those jobs. Rod.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: 870 got Rammed Home Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In the St Clair direction.

Kow Farmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: 870 got Rammed Home Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds good Rod.
Kow Farmer (Kurt)

JH
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 870 got Rammed Home Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice looking original 870 rod

Ande
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 870 got Rammed Home Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod,you brought home a nice tractor,but from what I have seen on your farm,it will only get much nicer.And its going to a very good home.Sure glad you found it

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.