Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aftermarket Cab on Farmall M

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John B.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Aftermarket Cab on Farmall M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I ran across this in one of my many books. It is a Farmall "M" but image is a little difficult to make out. Looks like to me it may be a mirror image. The reason I say that is it looks like it has a belt pulley on the side facing us which would be the tractor's left side so that's why I say it appears to be a mirror image possibly.

John B.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Cab on Farmall M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've come to the conclusion it is a mirror image, the hydraulic control rod is on the side facing us and the muffler & air cleaner intake appears to be on the far side.

60 acre hillside
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Cab on Farmall M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can you imagine a hot day facing the sun?

JerseyJoe
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Cab on Farmall M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John,Hope you don"t get bored posting pictures,I know that I"m enjoying them.Was Tokheim the ones that where manufacturing the gas pumps of that time period? Joe

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Cab on Farmall M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

that is one of the most useless things that could ever be put on those tractors. no room for anything. i have one on a w6.

JW
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Cab on Farmall M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My grandfather had one of those for his H. He bought it new in the late 40's and used it only a handful of times. It was kind of neat but pretty cramped

John B.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Cab on Farmall M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JerseyJoe,
I'm not getting bored posting pics at all, thank goodness. I have so many books I want to scan pictures out of but that takes time. I limit myself to about 20-25 scans at one setting every few days. That holds me over for a while. I'm glad you enjoy them.

John B.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Cab on Farmall M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know about the gas pumps Joe..

Mark-Ia
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Cab on Farmall M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The negative was reversed.

Big Fat Herb
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Cab on Farmall M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

keep scanning and posting pics realy enjoy them

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Cab on Farmall M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've seen Raby's on Oliver 70s,and the Moline cabs,but never saw one of those.

flying belgian
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Cab on Farmall M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No problem. It's got that sun visor on it.

The Red
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Cab on Farmall M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That picture is backwards. Look where the air intake and muffler are along with the belt pulley.

Buzzman72

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Cab on Farmall M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Negative was flipped...a common practice in advertising. When doing page layouts in journalism class back 40 years ago, we were told that you don't want the image to "run off the page"...so this was apparently done for a right-hand page, or for placement at the right margin of a left-hand page.

Mike (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Cab on Farmall M Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Didn't know Tokheim made anything except gas pumps.

I can see where that might be nice for winter work, but you'd have to have a "Rites of Spring" ceremony every year to take it off and hang it in the barn- that thing would be murder in the summer.

Dad would always announce the passing of winter in late January, by saying "January's nearly over, February's a short month, and in March the grass comes."

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.