Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

case 310 utility seems to run wide open

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChuckMa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: case 310 utility seems to run wide open Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi in need some help. Clearing snow after the big snow here in New England it seemed I was not able to control engine speed it sounds like its running wide open and using the hand throttle or foot throttle has very little effect on engine speed. Does not appear to have anything holding it open. I can see the accelerator rod move as it should and the choke seems to move properly. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated thanks in advance
Chuck

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: case 310 utility seems to run wide open Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sometimes the carb. will ice up due to moisture in the air and freeze the throttle shaft in the wide open position. BTDT.

ChuckMa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: case 310 utility seems to run wide open Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks casecollectorsc. Just ran it again this afternoon still no change it was 36F and ran for an hour and no change tomorrow warmer in the 40's will try again if no luck maybe try quartz heater to thaw it out as i don't keep my tractors in a heated shed.
Chuck

Aaron Hyneman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: case 310 utility seems to run wide open Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You might check the linkage that goes down the side of the block also, sometimes on my one 300 and my 430 seems to be worse about it sticking. It will move to the wide open position using the hand lever, but have to get off and push it back manually.

FiremanJohn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: case 310 utility seems to run wide open Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can you stand next to it and manually work the butterfly back to an idle? hat would tell you linkage or less likely internal carb issue.

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: case 310 utility seems to run wide open Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thats what my 430 will do when return spring on throttle lever has fell off , came loose or sumthin . on my 430 it is under fuel tank area on brake side ,,

Joe (Wa)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: case 310 utility seems to run wide open Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1. With the engine stopped move the throttle linkage back and forth in pic 1. If it has full travel the throttle shaft and governor are not frozen.

2. Move the governor arms back and forth to check free travel, no binding or wobble. Pic 2.

3. The control rod linkage guide is the most likely place for binding and seizing up. Pic 3.

4. There are 3 springs in the throttle control linkage. All springs tension to close the throttle. Parts schematic Pic 4.

4a. Governor spring. Pic 2.

4b.Throttle rod return spring and hand throttle return spring Pic 5.

4c. Another view of hand throttle return spring. Pic 6.

Jeff B.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: case 310 utility seems to run wide open Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A substantial vacuum leak would make it run like that.

Chuck MA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: case 310 utility seems to run wide open Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help and pictures. Did not get a chance to look at it today daughter didn't want to drive to work for a two mtg so I took her in and got some errands done. Will take a look tomorrow much better weather anyways today was freezing rain most of the day.
Chuk

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.