Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1930 GP STD

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince Gavin
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: 1930 GP STD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I recently acquired a GP. 216640. Dont know all about GPs
like my other tractors. I dont know if i want to repaint, part
out or trade/sell. I am not going into detail on what the guy
done but EVERYTHING has been restored, adjusted, replace,
bored, sleeved and sealed. Including sheet metal. Just needs
lh fender repaired/ replaced and lh radiator casting has a
crack need brazed from new core put in. Nothing cobblwd
up or welded up. Tractor came from north. Tight steering
and put back together for most part. Motor is nice and tight.
My thinking is rear rounds arent correct, how do i tell? And
the flats on front, even though cutoffs, arent correct? Your
thoughts and opinions appreciated. A steam clean and or
blasting and shea ready for paint. The guys i run with and
get my parts from dont know much about GPs either as I am
a collecter of other unstyled tractors and numbere two
cylinders. Would like to know where I could get used or
repro parts or know if anybody would like to trade for
something else I want. Im not going to ask what its worth
like other people try to do. She"s still in on my trailer as I
have other projects and tractors i would like to get on and
this one is tempting.

Vince Gavin
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: 1930 GP STD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Heres some pics. If anybody can help me out or give me some info i would appreciate it. Vince

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: 1930 GP STD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like junk to me. If you aren't to far away I will come and take it off your hands for you. Where are you located?

JohnDeereJimOhio
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: 1930 GP STD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just my .02$ but it looks like most of the hard work is done... Also those tires look almost new. the pre 40's deere's are becoming more scarce. Don't part it out either sell it to someone who will finish it or finish it yourself.. Where are you located and how much you want for the whole thing?

Vince Gavin
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: 1930 GP STD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not anywhere close to you showcrapper. Thanks for your BS

Mark-Ia
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: 1930 GP STD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The fronts are cutoffs from a earlier GP. I can't tell what size the rear wheels are. 28" would definitely F-20 wheel. 24" could be Allis or F-20. The factory GP rear wheel had a step on the backside, where those wheels are tapered. Looks real nice though. Don't part it out.

Vince Gavin
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: 1930 GP STD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tires are Brand new. Yes, all the hard work is done. I am located between east TX and West CENLA. Im not worried about money, just would rather have something different. I ended up with it because of the deal I got with it.

Vince Gavin
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: 1930 GP STD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you for the info sir. I am trying to determine what you mean by taper and step. I doubt anybody will frown to much on having them wheels on rear at a show will they? As far as front, i thought the flats come from 29 and earlier from research. I have several AR & D wheels with the round spokes. I dont want to drop to much money in it, especially if it ever moves down the road, the next owner will do what they want amyway. Thank you again for you response.

John B.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: 1930 GP STD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would definitely finish the restoration.

Vince Gavin
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: 1930 GP STD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am thinking about it. Seriously. But would rather have something I would use or enjoy more. It probably not as appealing the way it looks now, but spend an hour or two and put hood n tank and fender on, looks totally different. If I can find the right era plow for behind it or a cultivator or something, I may change my mind.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: 1930 GP STD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anyone know what that little pulley bolted onto the belt pulley is for ?

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: 1930 GP STD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like it'd be a nice old tractor,pretty good looking plow on the trailer too both would make good show pieces.

Dalet
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: 1930 GP STD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

robgIN wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:23:49 02/11/13) please take this in the manner intended, you need to get some better chains and use some binders. That load is a ticket waiting to happen.

I see a load binder near the drawbar. What is wrong with that?

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: 1930 GP STD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe correct gp rear wheels have a wavy face on the center hub, 99 percent of the people wouldn't know the difference anyway

Vince Gavin
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: 1930 GP STD Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I wanted the way the item was tied down to be criticized, i
would have posted this on a commercial during the
superbowl, obviously we have a bunch of critics on this site
that doesnt know jack about what they are talking about.
Send me some pics of your junk and the way your items are
binded down for a 10 mile trip travelling less than 35mph or
grow up on a large farm that all you used were two cylinder
tractors... Or just grow up... Then we'll talk. Now you have
wasted both of our time...

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.