Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Well...time to buy a sparex axle pin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Well...time to buy a sparex axle pin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have been needing to change my front axle pin and bushing
so I ordered one from this site. My axle has the earlier thin
bushing in it. According to this site the 183221M1 is 4 3/4"
long with a 7/8" bolt hole. I got mine in and the bolt hole is
1.00" and the pin is 5.50" long. The bushing is a thin wall
bushing and it has a split in it. When the ends of the bushing
are butted together the inside diameter is still quite a bit bigger
than the pin. The package for the pin says its for a 35X and it
is made by A&I products. Since neither one are any good it"s
time to go to Sparex. I"ve had good luck out of their parts I"ve
used so far. I was sharing this in case anybody was thinking
about buying the same pin from here. It is nothing like the
description.

Richard L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Well...time to buy a sparex axle pin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is surprising as I know this site used to sell Sparex parts and I thought they still did.

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Well...time to buy a sparex axle pin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I thought they did too...I like to support this site as much as possible but now I've got a tractor with the axle out and I need it this weekend and now I don't have the parts to fix it. I guess I'll stop at the Massey dealer tomorrow and hopefully he can have me the parts by this weekend.

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Well...time to buy a sparex axle pin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Plus you can't get a crank thru the hole on this pin.

2tractors
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Well...time to buy a sparex axle pin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A good machinest can fab u up something.

Tom Bowman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Well...time to buy a sparex axle pin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jason, please post to let us know where you find the right parts - this job is in my future, too. (You"re working on a TO-20, aren"t you?)

What is the serial number break between the two styles of bushing?

The Parts Book lists both bushings for the TO-20, but I can"t see that it indicates when they changed.

James of Stark
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Well...time to buy a sparex axle pin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How do you purchase through Sparex?

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Well...time to buy a sparex axle pin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes mine is a TO20. I dont think they ever gave a serial number break for when they switched. In agco parts book they do not show a break. Mine is a 1951 model and it has the thinner bushing with the 4 3/4" pin with a 7/8" bolt hole. When the TO30 came out in 1952 some of those used the flanged bushing, so maybe the change happened between 1951 and 1952. But then again, like most factories they probably used what ever was on hand.

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Well...time to buy a sparex axle pin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can purchase Sparex thru a Massey Ferguson or Agco dealer.

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Well...time to buy a sparex axle pin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom in MO wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:51:24 02/13/13) Jason, please post to let us know where you find the right parts - this job is in my future, too. (You"re working on a TO-20, aren"t you?)

What is the serial number break between the two styles of bushing?

The Parts Book lists both bushings for the TO-20, but I can"t see that it indicates when they changed.

Well I stopped off at my local Massey dealer and I didn't even have to order a Sparex pin. They had one from Agco in stock. It was $42.00 and the one on here is $35.00, now look at the difference.

Tom Bowman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Well...time to buy a sparex axle pin Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That AGCO part is a nice-lookin" hunk o" metal, Jason - I know where I"ll be getting mine.

I checked the Sparex catalog, and even though it only has line drawings (not photos), their part looked very similar to the AGCO version, with the rectangular cutout, etc.

Given the AGCO/Sparex relationship, I wonder if it"s possible that it would be the same part?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters