Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

one armed 9n or 801 loader

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandhill rancher
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: one armed 9n or 801 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looking for pictures of a Ford one armed loader. Neighbor had one when I was a kid. Trying to remember how it was mounted. Anyone that has a picture of one, I would greatly appreciate seeing it.

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: one armed 9n or 801 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a few photos on my photobucket page.
Mostly they are mounted on 3 cyl tractors that I've had but a couple of them of a 601 I had too.
They made a kit for just about all of the smaller fords from the 8n onward through 1975 but never made a kit to put one on a 9/2N.
One armed Bandits

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: one armed 9n or 801 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's the mounts on my 641

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: one armed 9n or 801 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have quite a few of the 711 and 722 loaders. they were for 8n up thru the small 3 cyl series, including some fordsons.

here's one of my 850 with a 711, some pics of the brackets and other various brackets used.. and another 711 on my 951 rowcrop.. it has a trip bucket.. the one on my 850 is a full hydbucket..e tc.

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: one armed 9n or 801 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is mounts for my RC 901. The one for the 8n was totally different and are hard to find.

Kirk

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: one armed 9n or 801 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Chris,
On your 711 with the manure bucket did you fab up the side pieces or did it come with it. I have to make a set for my manure bucket. Can I see a close up of how it's attached, when you get the chance.
Thanks, Kirk

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: one armed 9n or 801 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yes.. those are added on side plates.

I have a couple examples of maneuer buckets.. some are plain.. some hav ethe material plate on the tines, and some have added on side plates.

i'll try to get better pics this week.

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: one armed 9n or 801 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have the bottom plate on the tines on mine but don't have the side plates. Anytime you get the chance, no rush, to snap some photos of the side panels.

Thanks, Kirk

R Geiger
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: one armed 9n or 801 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sandhill rancher wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:53:11 02/12/13) Looking for pictures of a Ford one armed loader. Neighbor had one when I was a kid. Trying to remember how it was mounted. Anyone that has a picture of one, I would greatly appreciate seeing it.

Here is my 8N with 711 loader with manure forks and dirt plate installed.

Zack(NC)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: one armed 9n or 801 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Kirk, dad has 2 of the Ford crane attacthments both have the Ford metal tags on them, they provided 4ft of additional reach & lift height, they had 1000 lbs of lift capacity, we are still looking for the original light material bucket (1/2 cu. yd.) they were the wider dirt style bucket a complete welded unit we would trade a crane for the light mat. bucket but not for a homemade one, they also made the universal dozer blade (72 inch wide) for the side arm also. Zack

heybusdriver
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: one armed 9n or 801 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have heard that they are very good, but to look at them , it looks like if it were to be full, the weight wouldn't be distributed evenly, especially on a tricycle . you would almost think it would tip over. Just my thoughts .

Stan
9N 222933
2N with 8N motor 8N345567
8N 146710
8N 179555
8N 197904
8N 199000
8N 254079
8N 362039

R Geiger
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: one armed 9n or 801 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

heybusdriver wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:55:02 02/13/13) I have heard that they are very good, but to look at them , it looks like if it were to be full, the weight wouldn't be distributed evenly, especially on a tricycle . you would almost think it would tip over. Just my thoughts .

Stan
9N 222933
2N with 8N motor 8N345567
8N 146710
8N 179555
8N 197904
8N 199000
8N 254079
8N 362039

I can lift the right rear tire off the ground with a too heavy load on the bucket.

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: one armed 9n or 801 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They're rated for 1000 lift and they recommen 1000 lb counter weight with an additional 400 lbs on the right side.
Adjusting your wheel out and adding weight to the right rear might help but you probably have owned your loader a lot longer than I have mine so you probably know its limitations.

Kirk

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: one armed 9n or 801 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Zack,
I just have the manure bucket on mine. I have a couple of HD's with loaders to move the big dirt around. If I run across a material bucket I'll let you know.
The two upper rods on the crane lift don't look like they would hold that much weight. Have you used it much? The dozer blade for the one arm looks a lot lighter than the 19-2 blade but I've never seen one up close in person.

Kirk

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: one armed 9n or 801 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ps.. here's a pic of my 660 with a unmolested man bucket with dirt plate and no welded on sides. I MIGHT be able to get your pics today depending on weather

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters