Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT Moles

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken/Wa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: OT Moles Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a serious mole problem. What is the best way to get rid of them. I think a trap may be the best way, but not sure which trap works best. Any experience with moles appreciated.

ray hofstetter
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Moles Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Go to YouTube and search "mole blaster".
Not practical for most of us, but great to watch....

Tom Beddard ENC
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Moles Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My brother had a bad problem also. He used a chemical spray to kill their food source-grubs-and they left. Farm supply or nursery could tell you which one, I can't recall what he used.

Jim SC
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Moles Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My wife uses ex-lax for moles and has been very successful in keeping our place free. Just put some in the most recent places of trvael and they'll be gone after a couple of applications.
I know, I thought it was goofy as well, but, results are the results.

Colin King
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Moles Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We use this for pocket gophers on the farm. If you can find their tunnel, it'll do em in.

I get the sticks at our local farm hardware store.

Colin, MN
Giant Destroyer

Del Huebner
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Moles Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I use this one and it really works, best trap I have ever found.
Mole Trap

RET-N-IA

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Moles Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I tried every attempt imaginable over 7 years battling moles. The smoke bombs,poison worm baits and some cheap looking traps with no luck at all.I was close to buying the aluminum poison but bought the trap Del described. I got a dozen dead moles in 2 weeks. Have not had a problem yet on 5 acres that was literally invaded with moles. It's a simple but effective device!

Ken/Wa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Moles Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I looked at the reviews on this, and it looks great. Is one enough, or should I get more?

Del Huebner
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Moles Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have 2 for our 10 acres, I also trap them in our Donkey pasture, if you live in town or on a smaller acreage 1 would be enough. Once you get them under control just set the trap when another one moves in. Usually get them within 24 hrs.

carpetfarmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Moles Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My grandma has waged a full out war on moles, killing an average of 17 each year for the last several years. If you have the time, she says that if you can figure out when they are working, they work the same time every day. Once she figures out when they work, she meets them at the designated area and a) drowns them out with the garden hose or water can, b) digs them up with a garden spade, c) pours some ammonia down their run and suffocates them, or d) sets an old spring style trap. She has had significant luck with all four methods.

My great grandpa on the other hand, supposedly sat on his front porch with his shotgun and played a somewhat modified version of whac-a-mole.

Although it didn"t really work the best, last spring I was bored, so I put ol smokey to work for an hour or so...kept them at bay for a couple days but thats about it.

Dell (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: OT Moles Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ken.......every year at the BIG tractor show (January) in Portland Oregon, they have this guy demonstrating/selling a propane gun that he sticks innna molehill. Fills the tunnel up with propane and then "flicks his bic" at end of the pipe in the molehill. KABOOM!!! and dirt and moles pop-up all the little mounds. Quite an entertaining display and concept.

Actually, the only "cure" fer moles is STARVATION. The eat GRUBS growing in the roots of yer pasture grass. There are several variety's of grub-poison so read the label and then go spray yer pasture grass.

I've trapped moles in my front yard grass. I drag the mounds in the pasture with BIG R-R tie or other stout heavy pipe or structural steel beam behind my eazy starting 6-volt 52-8N. .........Dell

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: OT Moles Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got "Milky Spores" from my local hardware. It kills the grubs that they feed on. It cost about $20.00, took me about twenty minutes, and has lasted four years now. it took about a week and a half for them to leave. Sound too easy?

mattwillson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: OT Moles Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Put a bit of flybait and coca-cola in a salmon can, under something that'll keep the rain out of it. Then collect the dead pests morning and night. cat's or dog's won't touch the stuff.

CJ in Michigan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: OT Moles Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My dermatologist freezes them and they fall off after a day or so.

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: OT Moles Reply to specific post Reply with quote

get a cat.. feed it modestly..

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.