Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

H block

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Farmallhelp

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: H block Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi! I have a Farmall H block that was stroked. Ground for clearence and ground pin hole thru into water jacket, We brazed it up. Now got it together and running and getting antifreeze in oil. I found seeping around brazed area. I have water jacket cover off side of block and it is leaking on same side. Is there something I can pour in to seal the little seepage I have? Should I put some hard bloc in bottom or will stop leak in antifreeze work? Wondering if there was something that can be poured in and dries then can put antifreeze back in. Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

VicS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: H block Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have took the head off of a Allis and poured K&N block sealer in straight. I put a Quart in around the sleeves, Let it set for about 3 days, that was 8 or 9 years ago. Has held antifreeze ever since. You can use hyd oil for coolant. 300 deg is nothing. Some real big Olivers running that way. If you don't want to take it apart, Water Glass or egg preservative. (get it at a drug store) I used a quart in a 423 U Moline. It had a cracked head.

iH welker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: H block Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hard blok is the stuff you want to use !!!! I used it on mine and it worked great ground through 3 different places put tape over them until hard and no leaks at all .

mattwillson
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: H block Reply to specific post Reply with quote

get a bottle of irontite and follow instructions, you should be okay after that

IHSMOKE
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: H block Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hard block if to just below the water jacket plate ...make it real soupy pour in my m running that way

Farmallhelp

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: H block Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for replies, think hard bloc will work. Just needed few extra opinions. Thanks again

puller1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: H block Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you hard block you need to rebore the cylinders. It will change the shape of the bore as it swells and contracts while setting up.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.