Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Truckload of New N's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimmy/N.Alabama
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: A Truckload of New N's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A friend of mine posted this picture of new N's his dad was delivering. He was particularly proud of this load. It would have been interesting watching that being loaded and unloaded. Also I suppose this must have been just as the 8n was coming onto the scene given the mixture of models.

Jimmy

Gaspump
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: A Truckload of New N's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Really intresting photo but they are not new N's. The truck tractor is later than 1952 which was the last production year of the 8N. There is a lot of variation in the paint on the tractors. Note repaint variations of the rear discs on the 9/2 N's, the front hubs of all of them etc. Also from afar there even appears to be a Fergy or two on thew load. Neat photo, great to see all that old stuff, Thanks.

Duner Wi
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: A Truckload of New N's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think the Dodge truck is a 55 or 56 from the grill. 54 had same/similar grill but not wrap around windshield. I could be wrong. Nice picture, thanks for sharing.

hd6gtom
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: A Truckload of New N's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

used to see that all the time uncle has a tractor salvage lot, he would buy all the junkers he could get and ship them to Oklahoma, at least 2 semi loads a month

billy boy2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: A Truckload of New N's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's a cool old picture. The part I like the best is the way the trailer is bowing, and the DODGE isn't even showing it's loaded.

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: A Truckload of New N's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

billy boy2 wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:49:06 02/14/13) That's a cool old picture. The part I like the best is the way the trailer is bowing, and the DODGE isn't even showing it's loaded.
17,000 lbs isn't much of a load. Rolling Eyes

bobs ol iron
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: A Truckload of New N's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i'll take the tractor-trailer and a new farm tractor...time-warp now mr. scott

Ken N Tx
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: A Believable picture Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jimmy/N.Alabama wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:31:32 02/14/13)
A friend of mine posted this picture of new N's his dad was delivering. He was particularly proud of this load. It would have been interesting watching that being loaded and unloaded. Also I suppose this must have been just as the 8n was coming onto the scene given the mixture of models.
Jimmy

[/img]

01BIRDDOG
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: A Truckload of New N's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very good pic. of a look back in time. I don't have any pics. of it but remember riding with a neighbor who owned a Case dealership in the early 50's when he delivered his tractors. We bought a new VAC from him and it gave many,many years of trouble free service.

Walston
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: A Believable picture Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ken N Tx wrote:

The tractors appear to be in military formation......LOL

Delvaughn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: A Truckload of New N's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hay Ken thanks for the picture of my 8n while it was still at the factory. It is the one in the middle. Would know it anywere!!!

1951 8N
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: A Truckload of New N's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Delvaughn wrote:
Hay Ken thanks for the picture of my 8n while it was still at the factory. It is the one in the middle. Would know it anywere!!!

That's funny, because those aren't even 8Ns.

willie in mn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: A Truckload of New N's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry too rain on your friend's parade, he may have a memory lapse. Nifty picture, but IMHO those are junkers. Last N model was a 52 model, & 3 of them aren't even 8's. Truck is a 56 judging from wrap around windshield, & looks like it has several years of hard use. Notice the weird angle of right headlight. No dealer or hauler ID on the doors.
Henry the Elder, or even Henry the Younger would not allow his new cars or tractors to be hauled on a Chrysler product.
I apologize for being so picky.
WJ

hillbillyjack

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: A Truckload of New N's Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Duner Wi wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:59:01 02/14/13) I think the Dodge truck is a 55 or 56 from the grill. 54 had same/similar grill but not wrap around windshield. I could be wrong. Nice picture, thanks for sharing.

You are bang on, that is a 55 or 56 Dodge.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.