Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Engine Monitor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAVE Thompson jr
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Engine Monitor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I need to buy a monitor for getting codes from vehicles. What brand would you guys recommend who already own one. I need one that will give transmission codes as well as engine codes. I was thinking about buying a new Snap On it is around $6000.00 You cant do anything to the newer vehicles with out one.

the tractor vet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Monitor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Funny you should say that . I am also kicking the idea around . Now as for me and my needs i have been looking at the Genesis and all i need for now is one that will do up to 2008 so a used 3.0-4.0 system one will work for me and IF you watch E/Bay they run from 350-up. I am tired of being LIED to , so this way I can do the tests . Just went round and ROUND with a Firestone store over my one daughters car with the brake master cylinder as they were tried to gouge her and tried to lie to me on the cost of it and i called them on there lie telling me that the master cylinder cost 387 bucks when new from ford was 205 list and my cost was 125 and at the parts store a new was 88 bucks and tried to tell me that labor was going to be 4.5 hours when the flat rate book calls for 2.2 hours. Now the check engine lite is on No she will not be going back there to find out . as i don't think they like me varymuch catchen them on a lie.

VicS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Monitor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like you are serious. Do you work on vehicles that much? I think you have to pay like 1800 a year for up-dates also. Our local Auto-Zone will put their's on your car for free. I have a Super-chips programmer for my pickup, it says it will read the codes. I got it used for $100, when the original owner traded trucks. Besides changing the engine, it will set the shift points and the pressure to the clutch-packs of the transmission. Vic

ShaggyM

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Monitor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ask the sanpon or Mac tool guys if they have a used one. my Nephew picked up a used one pretty reasonable

moresmoke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Monitor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't know how many different brands you intend to work on. Check out Auto Enginuity seems to be a good deal if you only need one brand and have a laptop already.
autoenginuity

GM Puller
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine Monitor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sounds like u need a diff shop, no fee at my shop if u have it fix under my roof.

Schultz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Engine Monitor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've never tried reading trans codes but my $150ish unit from Harbor Freight works very good. I have a couple of older vehicles, 1999-2004 and have always been able to read and clear engine codes at least. They have a little bit cheaper one but I opted for the one that gives me live data. I have access to a GM Tech 2 but haven't had to use it since I've purchased this one. My 2 cents.

Welding man
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Engine Monitor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check out a Genisys EVO. Will do imports and all trucks including class 8 trucks. Cummings -Cat-International and Others

Dick W.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Engine Monitor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Only if you buy all the extras.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.