Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Peabody showing off. (Peacock)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Peabody showing off. (Peacock) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Finally got a pictures of my peacock showing off. He seems to be camera shy. Spread out his feathers are about 6 foot wide

rusted nuts

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Peabody showing off. (Peacock) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why is that white hen in the left hand background standing on her head? Is she dead? nice peacock!

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Peabody showing off. (Peacock) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think that white one is a rooster and it is eating the grain I threw out in that area of the pen

RickieBlue
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Peabody showing off. (Peacock) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had 8 peacocks when I was growing up. The babies are kindof stupid..I remember we had to put shiny things in the food and water to get them to even peck at them..thinking we put marbles in the food...winter time they would roost under an electric brooder we had in the barn..not really too hardy in the cold up here in upstate New York. Few years back, I had a white male, and he ran around loose. He hung around pretty good and would roost in an apple tree near the barn at night. They make Great watchdogs !

rusted nuts

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Peabody showing off. (Peacock) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hope your right. Looks dead to Me.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Peabody showing off. (Peacock) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not dead since he is in the house right now. I close them up after dark and yep he walked in on his own two legs >LOL

Kornfused

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Peabody showing off. (Peacock) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

nice pic Old, neighbor down the road used to have peafowl- man they make an awful racket in the spring. Had one spend the day with our chickens one time. I have a rooster just like yours - Single Comb Brown Leghorn.

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Peabody showing off. (Peacock) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

looks to me like the hen is under that rooster!!! ha ha.

Haley
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Peabody showing off. (Peacock) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have one just like him named "Harold".He is just getting a full tail and has really started showing it to his girlfriend "Herman".My 6 year old named Herman before we found out he was a she!They make the BEST watchdogs,nothing moves much in our yard without them smoking it over to see what is giong on.If they dont like the situation they will start spitting, popping,hollering and bowing up like they are the biggest birds on the planet.Great birds to have around and very beautiful.By the way,for those of you that dont know peacocks if you want to see what you are made of just walk up to one and grab it expecting to camly walk away with it and you will be in for a rude awakening(I found this out the hard way).They are Gorilla strong, I thought our female was going to beat her way out of a plastic dog carrier on the way home.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Peabody showing off. (Peacock) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have about 8 to many roosters but seems not one want them for some odd reason LOL. I have an order for hatching out some green chicken eggs this spring but not sure how I will keep the brown egg chicks apart from the green eggs chicks. Penny Peabody's girl friend was here one day then the next gone so not sure what happened. But a few days latter I saw 3 stray dogs running around the place chasing my horses so maybe they got her

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Peabody showing off. (Peacock) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

old,

That is just beautiful!

So are peafowl ornery like geese? I'm not overly fond of birds based on bad life experiences with them.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Peabody showing off. (Peacock) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How does he handle windy days? LOL A neighbor used to have pea fowl or however it's spelled. They could really screech but they also put on quite a show. One of them got out and was hit by a car on the road. How often do you see a dead Peacock on the road? Jim

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Peabody showing off. (Peacock) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Peabody is pretty nice as in he does not attack people. But then my goose does not either. I have had attack geese at times but not at this time. Had one goose we call Honka-na-tor but he died many years ago

DownSouth
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Peabody showing off. (Peacock) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Peabody, meet Pepe!
I have nicknamed him the "Old Man" recently as he turns 16 this year.

320B
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Peabody showing off. (Peacock) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Since I don't know I have to ask, why raise peacocks? Are the eggs good for eating. I've never heard anybody say we are having peacock for dinner. Are they for protecting the chickens?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.