Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

300 transmisson problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg potts
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: 300 transmisson problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Using my 300 today,the tranmisson stuck in road gear,if i put shifter into 1st gear and let clutch out tractor will not move and wants to stall,if i put tranmisson in nuetral and let clutch out tractor will go down road in what seems to be 3rd 4th or 5th gear ,i did change fluid late last fall,and it did have alot of water in tranmisson , i did not flush , just put new in, any help would be greatly Appreciated,got a bad feeling in in a real bind,thanks in advance

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 300 transmisson problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Most likely no real issue Pull the stick off of the top of the platform (three bolts)
The tip of the shifter is worn and needs to be built up and ground back to spec. While it is off, take a long big screw driver and put the shift rails (in the hole now open) Back in alignment. The specs are in the illustration. Jim

greg potts
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 300 transmisson problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim once again you come thru for me, if you remember we had conversation months ago about hydralics and log splitters, today was the first day for the log splitter and it worked great, i will pull shifter out tonight and let you know how it went, once again thanks, greg

greg potts
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 300 transmisson problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim pulled shifter off shift rod completly worn, no flare on metal like your diagram shows, someone had welded and ground on this before, think i will look to purchase new rod this week,also aligned shift blocks back to nuetral spot, started tractor let clutch out and she was in nuetral like it is. Supposed to be,again thanks for your help, you saved me countless hours of research, phone calls ect. I will keep you advised of progress in the future, thank you

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 300 transmisson problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are very welcome. My reward is your success. Jim

53 super H
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 300 transmisson problem Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When you get it welded just make sure the welder knows how to properly weld cast so you don't have problems later.
Had mine repaired about a year ago and it has worked perfect.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.