Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oliver 70

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grant Harvey
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Oliver 70 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are the Oliver70 a wanted tractor? Im looking at two locally and just want to know if I don't restore them if parts are wanted for these?

Ron Grother
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 70 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

parts don't bring much. the fenders and a good set 40" tires will bring the most. the tractors scrap price about 200.00 each

Grant Harvey
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 70 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, I don't believe in scrapping antique stuff. What would a running fully functional unit bring? Like to sell to a farmer?

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 70 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I could have bought one a few years ago,older restoration,new tires when it was restored,$600 delivered. I passed. I've already got one. I know the guy who DID buy it for that.

Grant Harvey
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 70 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow! They really have a low value . I guess that puts 1200 for a a complete one and a parts one out of the correct price range.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 70 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd try $800. Might sit a while before you get it. The made so darned many of those,unless it has a wide front,is a stardard or is the real early unstyled,there's one in every fencerow.
Mine's been sitting in the corner of the toolshed for two or three years. I don't know why,but I just can't fall in love with that tractor.

Grant Harvey
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 70 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i understand, i don"t own it just doing some reserch before i even call the guy who is selling. But it seems unless I can get the pair of them for like $500 bucks it"s not worth it.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 70 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Let's just say,if you plan to make any money off them,you won't. If you just want a 70 of your own,well,that's a different issue.

Neil Grant
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 70 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can't speak for the row crop, but the Cockshutt 70 standard which my father got when I was about two will be either owned by one of my boys or in my estate sale. I spent many hours on it with 3 12 inch bottoms or an 8 ft Oliver disk as well a pulling a 620 baler and a 422 combine. Less than perfect without the lpto thought. Great tractor. The 70 row crop last nebraska test pulled more than the first 77 Nebraska test. The 70 standard on steel pulled 90 percent of its weight in first gear, which may be a record at Nebraska?
Mine is now my rack platform tractor for moving stuff, cutting lumber, and a moving tool bench.

Kent Kroft
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Oliver 70 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where are you generally located? I might be willing to take one - but am not going to spend $200 on fuel to pick it up.

RonL
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Oliver 70 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They are too slow for tractor rides, most guys want the live power & hydraulics to farm with, & power steering is pain to add to this tractor. Yes, a Charlynn unit can go on this tractor, but if you find a good unit, it will make its way onto a fleetline or newer tractor first. You almost need to be in blind love with a 70 to use much at all. And as stated earlier.....lots of them around.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.