Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our baby case turned 33

View previous topic :: View next topic  
560farm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Our baby case turned 33 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Our new 2390 being delivered Feb of 1980. It has 31xx original hours.

560farm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Our baby case turned 33 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A year later it was recalled for a bearing upgrade in the rear end and it was putting out 243hp after initial break-in. We turned it down to 190hp and it has been there ever since. A neighbor had a new 2590 in for the same recall and it was putting out 225hp. The 23 sure tried to straighten out the 9 shanks on the Bush Hog soil saver. I had to rebuild the powershift a couple of springs ago, went out right at the start of planting the first corn field headlands. It will never leave the farm!

Brad

560farm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Our baby case turned 33 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh, it cost $33K outright. A JD 4640 was $8K more and I forget what the 1486 and TW-30 were compared to it.

rich10e
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Our baby case turned 33 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have a similar story,only mine was a 2290.The priceand the updates,great tractor.I dont remember if I liked the silver muffler and rims back then,but they sure look neat now looking at the picture.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Our baby case turned 33 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice story and pics, I thought that combine pic looked familiar.

Don Rudolph
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Our baby case turned 33 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Brad,

Thanks for sharing those pictures and story about the 2390. Those old Cases many times put out way more power than advertised. They were an exceptional value. Don

LJKCK
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Our baby case turned 33 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great looking line up you have there! Dad had bought a 2090 about the same time and had rear end problems with it. It was a few serial numbers out of the recall but I think they worked with him on it, he traded for a new 2094 for not much money and it turns 30 this year with close to 15,000hrs on it.

Ande
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Our baby case turned 33 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great looking bunch,and nice to see the fresh 2390 coming home the fist time

Last edited by Ande on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Ande
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Our baby case turned 33 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Forgot to mention,I went to regional intro in the twin cities for the 90 series,we were very impressed in the changes

Last edited by Ande on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.