Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cockshutt 30/coop e3 diesel pics finally

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick m
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: cockshutt 30/coop e3 diesel pics finally Reply to specific post Reply with quote

She runs great now. I still can't decide what color to paint it. Some sheet metal has red as the first coat, but the engine, axle housing and some other things have orange as the first coat. Cockshutt colors look better, but if it really is a coop, I'd like to keep it whatever it was originally. What would you guys do?

Gambles
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 30/coop e3 diesel pics finally Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's really too bad that that Cockshutt/Coop/Farmcrest nomenclature wasn't recorded somewhere and officially saved using the serial numbers on the frame. I've got a Gambles Farmcrest going together that I know was a Farmcrest only because I took some "before" pictures that clearly show the faded decals. But because a former owner or even the dealer could have repainted it, nobody knows for sure.

Wayne11797
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 30/coop e3 diesel pics finally Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your looking at Cockshutt 30 Colours there. Where did you find that starter. You got a Fantastic combination there. Narrow front, Fancy rear rims, Diesel, Hydraulics, and of course the live pto. You got it all in one package, nice going.....

Mike (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 30/coop e3 diesel pics finally Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Orange paint as the first coat may be primer, according to some on here. And that makes sense, because my Cockshutt had a lot of orange, but it couldn't have been a Co-op, because its a Model 35, which was never in the Co-op line up. Since you have some red paint, I'm thinking yours was a Cockshutt, not a Co-op.

Nick m
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 30/coop e3 diesel pics finally Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The widow I bought it from said her husband got it from the west coast. She thought oregon. Are they hard to come by?

J. Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 30/coop e3 diesel pics finally Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice! One thing I would suggest, somewhere under the hood I would put one of those Roosa Master "glass" fuel filters to help protect that PSB pump. How can I contact you and I will give you more details.

Dave Sherburne NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 30/coop e3 diesel pics finally Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have you got the nose strip ?? Does it say COOP or Cockshutt? What it says is what it is. If you don't have the nose strip, then it's your choice just buy the nose strip you want it to be. Phil Heisy probably has the nose strips. Your right the Cockshutt Red looks better.

Nick m
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 30/coop e3 diesel pics finally Reply to specific post Reply with quote

nickmartin3917@yahoo.com is my email. I"m always looking for any added tips or info. Thanks

Nick m
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 30/coop e3 diesel pics finally Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One more thing... What is the best way to break these in. The guy that put it together said he ran it on his dyno for a hour. I don't really have any impliments for a tractor this small to make it work. Any ideas?

Matt_In
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 30/coop e3 diesel pics finally Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nick M wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:45:17 02/17/13) She runs great now. I still can't decide what color to paint it. Some sheet metal has red as the first coat, but the engine, axle housing and some other things have orange as the first coat. Cockshutt colors look better, but if it really is a coop, I'd like to keep it whatever it was originally. What would you guys do?

I agree, it was a Cockshutt. The orange on the PTO housing is a primer. Nice tractor. Not sure I have ever seen a E3 diesel they all have been Cockshutts.

Gambles
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 30/coop e3 diesel pics finally Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A quick question for you. The early Cockshutts/Coops gas engines had their starters made by Autolite. Who made the diesel starter? Could you upload a closer picture of that starter?

Nick m
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 30/coop e3 diesel pics finally Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't know what brand they are. There's no tag on this one, just the numbers in the pic. Someone on here has more knowledge than me. Mine is a 52 if the year matters.

Irv B
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 30/coop e3 diesel pics finally Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nick great find. If not to much trouble I'd love to have a copy of those pics if you'd email them to me. snrdrill@msn.com Now as for the starter it is a Auto-Lite MBR-4022 12 volt only used on the 30D. The Cockshutt 40 and 50 used a starter that looks just like it MBR-4023 but it turns in the oposite direction. If you ever have the clutch cover off it, I'd like to know the ring gear number. thanks for sharing Irv Buttray

Dieseltech
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: cockshutt 30/coop e3 diesel pics finally Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great idea, as original final filter is 10 micron and 19519 Stanadyne base and filter assy is 5 micron. Much easier to change also. Put one of these on dad's MH 44 special years ago, maybe only reason the pump head is still good. PSB parts getting very scarce.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.