Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new Commander 6000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: new Commander 6000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My Mom has been going through pictures the last couple days, and gave me a big envelope of them This was one in there - my Grandpa with his new 6000. No date on it, but it's either '66 or '67. If I could ever find this tractor, or an identical one, I'd probably have to buy it...

Vito
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: new Commander 6000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great picture !

Vito

Bern
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: new Commander 6000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

At least Ford had most of the bugs worked out by then.

DaveH IA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: new Commander 6000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice picture and the battery cover is still on

W_B
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: new Commander 6000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We had one of that year, it was the "big tractor" on our farm. Never had a minutes trouble with the SOS, even with a bunch of teenagers banging on it. I'd be tempted to buy one too!

Ford9000puller
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: new Commander 6000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is a great picture. Working on the same set up to plow with this spring except its a red 61 and a red plow. Wish I could go back and see these when they were new like your picture. Its neat to see anything to do with the 6000's.

XFARMA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: new Commander 6000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like the plows were new as well, great picture.

Robert Major
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: new Commander 6000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Nice looking Tractor.
If you have the space/ money you'd better get on and buy one, They are getting harder to find as so many have been wrecked, or shipped to Europe for collectors.
This latest scrap pricing will thin them out even more I'm thinking, if guys have them laying around in the yard or back 40 needing repair or unused cash is starting to talk!.
I would like a diesel one but my spare moneys run out for a bit L.O.L.
Regards Robert

DaveH IA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: new Commander 6000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ford9000puller wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:20:03 02/19/13) That is a great picture. Working on the same set up to plow with this spring except its a red 61 and a red plow. Wish I could go back and see these when they were new like your picture. Its neat to see anything to do with the 6000's.

I climed up on a new one in 61 or so at the dealer ---biggest tractor in the world (so I thought) but I was 12 years old. Ive got 5 of them (3 running)

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: new Commander 6000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe not the biggest tractor in the world, but the
biggest from Ford at that time... and what else
matters, right??
Grandpa traded a Farmall 300 for the 6000, and
traded the 6000 on a 7200 in '75. But he decided he
didn't like the row crop, so that was traded for the
7100 later in '75. That one is still here.

DaveH IA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: new Commander 6000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fordfarmer wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:20:44 02/20/13) Maybe not the biggest tractor in the world, but the
biggest from Ford at that time... and what else
matters, right??
Grandpa traded a Farmall 300 for the 6000, and
traded the 6000 on a 7200 in '75. But he decided he
didn't like the row crop, so that was traded for the
7100 later in '75. That one is still here.

I started on an 8N and dad ran the 860 that 6000 looked like a giant. Tried to talk him into buying it but no deal --later bought a used 971 and it seemed like a BIG tractor

DaveH IA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: new Commander 6000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ford9000puller wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:20:03 02/19/13) That is a great picture. Working on the same set up to plow with this spring except its a red 61 and a red plow. Wish I could go back and see these when they were new like your picture. Its neat to see anything to do with the 6000's.
[img]
Here is the commander I just got running--been setting about 12 years[/img]

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.