Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1939 9N on CL if anyone's interested

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: 1939 9N on CL if anyone's interested Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not mine or anyone I know. $5000 9N
Looks to me like it may have the wrong hood for that price.

Curtsat15
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 1939 9N on CL if anyone's interested Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice tractor, but price seems a bit high for a 9.

Texas!
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 1939 9N on CL if anyone's interested Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm surprised he doesn't mention the Serial Number. I see the early engine block without freeze plugs, the 4 spoke steering wheel and smooth rear axle hubs. One of the early 9N experts like HCooke will have to chime in on the validity of this one.

Tom N MS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: 1939 9N on CL if anyone's interested Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Agree

Last edited by Tom N MS on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Tom N MS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: 1939 9N on CL if anyone's interested Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree, but he likely has way more than that in it. Easy to sink more in em than you will ever get out of em..Don"t ask how I know..

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: 1939 9N on CL if anyone's interested Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For 5 grand you'd think the seller would post some decent photos of it.

billy boy2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: 1939 9N on CL if anyone's interested Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's cheap Laughing This 8N was $7995, but now reduced. I guess it's good to start high. Not even a picture of the actual tractor???http://collegestation.craigslist.org/grd/3578434238.html

Last edited by billy boy2 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:24 am; edited 2 times in total
mbramble
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: 1939 9N on CL if anyone's interested Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Original post tractor is being sold by an estate sale company....

HCooke
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: 1939 9N on CL if anyone's interested Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree; those pictures aren't going to sell that tractor. No picture of the left side either.

billy boy2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: 1939 9N on CL if anyone's interested Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe they sent it to Rick's Restoration Rolling Eyes It's easy to sink more into ANYTHING if you don't do the WORK yourself. If you're shipping parts to be rebuilt, sending sheet metal to your painter,having the engine guy rebuild your engine, etc., it's a losing proposition.

HCooke
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: 1939 9N on CL if anyone's interested Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No picture of the left side of the tractor so we don't know about the generator or the air cleaner. Those rear tires would have to go.

HCooke
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: 1939 9N on CL if anyone's interested Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The hood's not '39. Does not have snap in batter door.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 1939 9N on CL if anyone's interested Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There was what appeared to be '39 on CL in the local area a couple weeks ago.
From the pictures I could make out smooth hubs, starter and idiot light on
the dash, front pointing grease zerks on the front axle, snap in hood cover
was missing in the pictures.
Original but worn. $1800. Already sold when I called. Didn't last an hour.

New oxford 2n

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 1939 9N on CL if anyone's interested Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don'think a 39 had the filter return to the governor.
Especially routed outside the oil fill tube.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters