Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Springfield 36 garden tractor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjpierce

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Springfield 36 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Springfield 36 Garden tractor and i was wondering what the belt sizes would be and what oil i should use for the transmission. Thanks to anyone who can answer this or let me know where i could find out!

El Toro
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Springfield 36 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think Springfield was bought by Toro. Contact Toro to see if they have a parts manual. Hal

chackman
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Springfield 36 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If nobody beats me to it, I've got a manual for the Springfield 36 (Thanks Patrick!)and will look it up when I get home. I believe Springfield (Quick Industries?) was bought out by Toro after quite a legal battle/scandal. I haven't gotten my 36 running yet (haven't tried either), but I'm pretty sure you need a football field sized area to turn one of those jalopies around. Wink

cwtech
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Springfield 36 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The transmission takes SAE 90 gear oil.

The belt sizes varied depending on the model of the tractor.

I have much info on Springfield tractors. ..If you send me an e-mail, I can send you some pdf files if you need to identify which model tractor you have.

Patrick in Illinois
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Springfield 36 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its not as bad as you think Chris. Its not a tight steering machine, but its not bad. You will find out if you ever get to ride it! lol

Patrick in Illinois
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Springfield 36 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you have the old belts to compare at a auto parts store? that might be the way to do it. Any pics of the machine in question???

chackman
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Springfield 36 garden tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Patrick, I figured you"d turn up in a Springfield thread sooner or later! Wink. I may not have driven it yet , but I"ve pushed it around the shop and between storage sheds so often trying to get to my other projects, that I"m quite familiar with the steering! Maybe it just seems worse cuz I"m trying to steer while pushing and swearing at the same time! Lol. You"re right though. It"s not bad. Nothing that old and cool is bad.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.