Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CK seat suspension

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmohr
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: CK seat suspension Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 65 730 and a 63 930 that both have junk seat suspensions. We have a 68 930 that was converted to a 70 series suspension in the mid 70's. Would it be wise to look for two 70 series suspensions or to try to rebuild what I have now? I am open to any suggestions and if anyone has any 70 series salvage tractors. Thank you.

DKase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: CK seat suspension Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I hace a complete seat and suspension from an early 870. It must weigh 100#+. It is now in SD. Since I weigh only 180# I could not get the suspension to flex at all. I replaced it with a swivel seat from a Cat Challenger, mounted hydraulic and PTO controls on the left side and call it my 870 hydra-swing special.

FarmerHR
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: CK seat suspension Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have had really good luck rebuilding the seat systems on my 830CK and 930 CK.
Where the brackets were worn at the holes, I cut off the old holes and welded new steel with new holes unto the old frame. Replaces all the bushings with T type flanged bronze bushings. Also added some T type bushings. All the rods/pins were replaced with new pieces of cold rolled steel. Also added so zerks at high wear points.
Both seats are as good as new now. Before the rebuild, they were absolute junk.
I was not able to get reasonable parts from the local salvage yards. They were worn just about like mine.
I really like the seats on the comfort kings.
Hope this helps. I would be happy to try and answer any rebuilding questions.
Thanks.

John Saeli
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: CK seat suspension Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We did that w/ our 730CK 25 years ago. Still snug.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.