Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grandpas place continued

View previous topic :: View next topic  
4x4stude
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Grandpas place continued Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some of you asked for some more pics of my Grandpas place. He loved old tractors, cars and motorcycles. The cars are my dads, uncles, and grandpas. Enjoy

TimBinWV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Grandpas place continued Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Awesome place! Man, would I ever love to caress some of those beauties. What kind of convert in the 1st pic? Is that your "namesake" in the last pic? I can't tell if it's a 4x4 or not. That would make an awesome restomod truck, too.

Ken-Pa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Grandpas place continued Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow , you have a gold mine there . I see you have an old STAR car . There's a STAR collectors club in Pittsburgh Pa that may be interested in it . Years ago , I had an old gent give me a lot of his old oil lease equipment before he sold out & moved to Arizona . He had built an old welder on steel wheels with an old STAR 4 cyl engine running a large generator . That engine purred like a kitten & the welder worked ok also . Anyhow , a guy in Pittsburgh found out about me having that engine & called me . While on the phone , he had me start the engine & run it for a few minutes . He bought it over the phone . When i delivered it , he showed me his STAR car collection & pics of other club members cars . Until then I had never heard of the STAR automobile . I hope you take advantage of the collection laying before you . I'm jealous . God bless , Ken

4x4stude
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Grandpas place continued Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is a 1949 Frazer. They only made 65 of the convertibles. Dad has had that longer than me! At least 45 years. Yes, that is a Stude pickup. My 4x4 is currently in the paint shop, soon to be restored. It is 1 of 22, 3/4 ton 4x4's made in 1959.

chuck machinist
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: Grandpas place continued Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have been left with a great task ahead of you.Slow and steady .Grandpa had an eye for precious metal.Thanks for the shots! Chuck

steve il
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: Grandpas place continued Reply to specific post Reply with quote

nice to know that things are still out there, and nice that it means more to you than just $$$. thanks for the pics.

DKase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Grandpas place continued Reply to specific post Reply with quote

WOW! Lots of potential there. I hope you have been successful keeping the theives, and scrappers out. If people find out where this stuff is parts will start to vanish. I hope you have a BIG dog! Keep it safe.

Don Rudolph
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: Grandpas place continued Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What an incredible collection! I am a Studebaker fan as well, my next door neighbor kid had a new 62 Hawk GT when he was 17, now I have a 47 truck. Is that red car with the exterior exhaust pipes an Auburn or Cord? Don

denverslim
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Grandpas place continued Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Awwww, Man! Yer teasing us!...slim

TimBinWV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Grandpas place continued Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It looks to be a 1935 Auburn to me,Don. Here"s one I found on the web. Not 100% sure, as the front nose doesn't look as laid back as the one in 4x4Stude's pic.

TimBinWV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Grandpas place continued Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What all kinds of bikes are there? Your Grandpa's place is like a timewarp treasure trove.

casenut1
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Grandpas place continued Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is without a doubt the best collection of original items i have ever seen. thanks for sharing.

Christopher Mikesell
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Grandpas place continued Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I see what looks like a piper cub aileron in the first picture.

kwoodrum570

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Grandpas place continued Reply to specific post Reply with quote

looks like one of those places i see on the american pickers show

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.