Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cab

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xring 223
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: cab Reply to specific post Reply with quote

has or did there ever be a cab for 9N? If so where can they be found?

Thanks

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: cab Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you search the archives you should be able to find a number of cabs that people have made for the N series tractors. I my self do not know of any factory type cabs made other then the heat houser types

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: cab Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dandy tractor cab.

http://dandytractorcab.com/

Rick

chackman
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: cab Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There was a factory Dearborn cab, and I'd actually like to know a bit more about them myself! The one I have was supposedly bought new with my 1951 8N. It only has a serial number of around 2100, so I don't think there were many of them made.
It is really not much more than a neat rounded roof, a bit of tubing, and some pretty thin sheet metal legs that attach to the fenders and back of the hood. I THINK they probably came with canvas curtains or tarps that snapped onto the frame, but I'm not sure how the windows fit into it all. I've seen some pics of tractors that look like they have the same roof (minus the legs?) and with what I'm presuming to be home-made metal doors and glass windows.
Over-all, I'm really glad I have mine. It looks really cool, but probably wasn't the most practical thing in the world. In 1951 I'm guessing practical trumped "cool", so hence the low production run.

chackman
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: cab Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's a pic of my Dearborn cab. I believe it was designated model 23-1. You can see the previous owner got creative with his paint scheme, but the cab was obviously originally grey. I actually like the red, and will probably repaint it that way again someday. The dark red really absorbs the sunlight though and the radiant heat pretty much counter-acts any shade it gives. Like I said earlier... It's not a practical thing.

chackman
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: cab Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Let's try that one more time (then I give up)...

Vito
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: cab Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They come up on ebay once in a while.I have seen a couple listed in the classified ads a couple of years ago.

I got mine up in NH. but it needs a little work.I would consider selling it.

Email me if you are interested in it.

Vito

xring 223
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: cab Reply to specific post Reply with quote

send pics I don"t have your e-mail

heybusdriver
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: cab Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine isn't a 9N , it is a 1949 8N, but I'm sure they were the same, my tractor was bought by BC Transit to clear snow for buses in the depot. Picture of the tractor with cab when I got it in Stan
9N 222933
2N with 8N motor 8N345567
8N 146710
8N 179555
8N 197904
8N 199000
8N 254079
8N 362039

chackman
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: cab Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for that pic!!! Now I finally know what I need to fabricate for the front window!

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: cab Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This picture was taken in Winamac, Indiana last year, it belongs to one one
of our forum members. For the life of my I can't remember his forum handle!
Hopefully he will chime in and fill you in on the details.

chackman
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: cab Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's the second hard-top I've seen like
that, so now I have to believe those are also
original Dearborn doors/windows. Sure hope the
owner does chime in and can maybe provide the
model number!

Dell (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: cab Reply to specific post Reply with quote

xring........me? I recommend ARCTIC Carharts zipper legged coveralls ...or... used snowmobile coveralls. Ski glasses fer yer eyeballs. Be creative with hands and feet. BIG wool muffler fer yer knoses.

These are all eazier to acquire than a RARE cab for yer 9/2/8N tractor. .......Dell

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: cab Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Joe's handle is Old-9.
Here's his post from the 2012 show where I took that picture.
Winamac, IN show
Great group of photos too!

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: cab Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dell (WA) wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:56:02 02/21/13) xring........me? I recommend ARCTIC Carharts zipper legged coveralls ...or... used snowmobile coveralls. Ski glasses fer yer eyeballs. Be creative with hands and feet. BIG wool muffler fer yer knoses.

These are all eazier to acquire than a RARE cab for yer 9/2/8N tractor. .......Dell

LOL why do you think I use the 1206 IH with a cab for snow duty.......that Carhart crap is for the birds! At -10 or colder just ain't no fun!

Rick

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.