Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CASE SC STARTER

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allen L.
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: CASE SC STARTER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The starter on my Case SC spins and does not engage. I am told it is the bendix. Is that hard to fix? where can I get parts or another starter? Thanks in advance for your response. Allen

Harvey 2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: CASE SC STARTER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"PLEASE" don't call the starter drive a bendix.
There is a man in the neighbor hood that would go balstic if he heard some one call the starter drive a bendix.
Bendix is generic name for starter drive, such as bush-hog is generic for rotoray cutter.

C. Amick
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: CASE SC STARTER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You could have some bad flywheel ring gear teeth. Can you turn the engine a little and try it again? You can take it off and hook a battery to it and see if the drive gear spins.

denverslim
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: CASE SC STARTER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had to clean up the teeth on my flywheel with a file because I had it wired wrong and the generator was pushing back power in the starter drive after the engine was running causing the gear in the drive and the flywheel to touch.

It's a long way around that old flywheel through that starter hole with a little file but one tooth at a time got er done! Actually works good now, and it beat taking the entire ring gear or flywheel off.
I would do as someone mentioned--remove the starter put voltage from a battery to the starter on a bench, and see if the drive jumps up as it is suppose to. Inspect the flywheel teeth at this time and the starter drive teeth for abnormal wear...slim

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: CASE SC STARTER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A little rersearch finds that Bendix was a corporation that manufactued starter drives as well as other products. You could by a brand specific Bendix drive or drives mfgd by others.

Bendix is by no means generic but over time all starter drives began being refered to as Bendixes whether mfgd by Bendix or not.

They were a specific brand ..

mEl

wilson ind
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: CASE SC STARTER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

HEY old buddy Tom is that for a starter drive or a real BENDIX???????????? How you doing, Kidney still starting to work some???? Take care not to get this flu stuff with your health Or Tom S ane I might have to call the MEAN sister!!

JGarner
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: CASE SC STARTER Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is no better brand advertizing than your trade name to become genericized. Then more than likely you will be specified and bought just by specifying the generic name which is also a brandname. Noted examples are kleenex, xerox and here in the south, coke (you southern guys will know what I am talking about). (<:

Jim

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.