Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's it for

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Sherburne NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: What's it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'll let you guess and show you tommorrow. This was my fathers he got it in the 1960s. That roll of tape is just there to hold it up.

mike in new mexico
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What's it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

To copy pattern on wood lath ,so you can make all the legs the same ?mike

Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What's it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A tool to copy the profile of a trim board or a baseboard.

da.bees
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What's it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mike in new mexico wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:27:47 02/20/13) To copy pattern on wood lath ,so you can make all the legs the same ?mike

Yup,I believe you are correct. Works well for cutting flooring around complex shapes and decorative molding also.

Dave Sherburne NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What's it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well that didn't last long

guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: What's it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello Dave Sherberne NY,

Did not last long at all!.
I was going to post a guess...........too late

Guido.

MtMan

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: What's it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Most all are correct in saying what it's used for and I believe it's called a contour gauge.

Stick welding

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What's it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A piece of paper?

Brian G. NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: What's it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had always wanted one of those. I picked one up at a garage sale a few years ago. Haven't had a use for it yet, but if I ever do, I've got it!! LOL

willie in mn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What's it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IIRC the brand name in local hardware store was Kopy Kat.
Willie

BAnNC
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: What's it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Still have one, use it rarely. Nothing else like it.

dr sportster
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What's it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't get curious to see what happens if you pull one out.Duh[not my smartest move]. It takes along time to get them all back in.They still make them. I have used mine to copy the shape of an antique car bead and then make bead roller dies to match the bead on the bottom of the car body.It a great tool to have.

casenut1
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What's it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

got one. rarely use it .

Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: What's it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had one, never used it. Gave it to son; he never used it either - but he never throws anything away so he still has it, if he could ever find it.

Butch(OH)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: What's it for Reply to specific post Reply with quote

50 shot clip for a nail gun, LOL

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.