Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1370 Rod

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod you asked me about the Case/Hesston swather drive, this is it, each wheel controls a wheel like the planitary drive you are used to but these have the added "Trim Steering" on the right hand lever to make slight steering corrections you move the RH lever either left or right to steer cnt

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where I worked they sold Owatanna and versitile swathers. I don't think I have ever seen that type of drive. Was that exclusive to Hestton-Case? Thanks for showing, Rod.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the Trim Steer was a Hesston design for sure and I do not remember seeing any other swather use this excact system, it was very simple and took very little power to operate, the one draw back is changing belts is time consuming but if things are right belts last many years

Straw Boss
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's the 840 setup.

Straw Boss
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Forgot the back side.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Interesting, it looks as though that machine recently cut because of the straw on the sickle. Nice 14 in the background.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They were real intersting to drive on hills, when going downhill. They would over run the trim steer drive and then you had to feather the lever in to reverse on the side that was overspeeding. Dad put me onto an 850 when I was about 12 yso. SPs were a new concept here then and the idea of gathering 10' of hay and plopit into a windrow, was "obsurd" Dad decided to go out and cut some hay for any farmer who had an intrest. Thats where I came in. I was the operator doing the field demonstrations and driving the machine from farm to farm. To overcome the notion that you couldn't dry hay in a windrow was Dad's job. he was very articulate about adjusting the forming shields to make the perfect "air conditioned" windrow, with a tunnal in the center that a rabbit could run through without slowing down. Elmer Fud hated those windrows, HeHe. Any way I had one very interesting summer on that 850, before it was sold. We went on to sell SPs from 650s and up through the Hesston 6650s through the years.
Loren

ADB-Ia
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom, I get from the diagram how you get forward and reverse. top idlers full forward engages belts to back shaft for forward and idlers back to engage front shaft for reverse. But how do you get the trim steer? Just curious. Arvin

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The drive shaft pullys are also variable speed and they move side to side with one lever to make one side go faster or slower than the other. So for small stering changes you move one of the levers (I don't remember which) to the side you want to turn to. They can certainly be interesting on the down hills as Loren has said.

ADB-Ia
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That makes sense. Thanks.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bro posted a pic. that didn't have trim steer.
Here is the parts breakdown on 950/1050 SPs
Loren

Straw Boss
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm sure it would. Wished I knew whos it was so I could give credit. It was at Rollag Mn. a number of years ago. Nice show.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.