Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Industrial G-pic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FactoryFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Industrial G-pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wanted to do something really different on my pulling tractor so I wanted to go with an industrial look.

The body work is not perfect but I did not have much to start with. I grill screens will straighten up fine when bolted to the radiator.

On the hood I cut out the bump where the steering rod goes and filled it in as well as where the fuel necks would be. I finally found the old style aluminum industrial badges to go on the side which I think will really set it off.

Does anyone else have any ideas of what I can do around the tractor to make it look more "industrial"?

Thanks

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Industrial G-pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You would have to get rid of those nice grilles and put a heavy cast iron front end on it .

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Industrial G-pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You sure got a good looking paint job going on there. Revue the different industrial tractors (which I'm sure you already have) and see what else "may' join the party to enhance your intended look..That's what I did with my 60C project..

gloveriadmit

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Industrial G-pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

how do you plan to steer it without the steering shaft opening, and all industrials had filler neck openings in the hoods so whats the point of that? Industrials weren't any different than the green ones other than paint except the AI, BI, DI, and 80, 820, 830 and 440. Had Deere actually made a G industrial, it would have just been yellow.

pbb
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Industrial G-pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That looks good and will be diffrent.In Green magazine a year or two back had a girl on a 40 or 420 pulling tractor painted industral orange that looked sharp.I know a guy that has a B pulling tractor painted black.I think it will be cool to have something diffrent at the pulls.

WeirdDeere
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: Industrial G-pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's great to see something different, especially when it's in industrial yellow!

The only other industrial "feature" I can think of at the moment would be square drilled and tapped mounting pads on your frame for intergral equipment.

Be sure to post pictures of the beast when you're done!

Brandon

FactoryFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Industrial G-pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks alot for the comments.

gloveriadmit wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:01:58 02/21/13) how do you plan to steer it without the steering shaft opening, and all industrials had filler neck openings in the hoods so whats the point of that? Industrials weren't any different than the green ones other than paint except the AI, BI, DI, and 80, 820, 830 and 440. Had Deere actually made a G industrial, it would have just been yellow.

It has a rack and pinion front end, why put filler necks in the hood if you don't need them? I don't use the original gas tank and I like to make things look clean.

pbb wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:56:31 02/21/13) That looks good and will be diffrent.In Green magazine a year or two back had a girl on a 40 or 420 pulling tractor painted industral orange that looked sharp.I know a guy that has a B pulling tractor painted black.I think it will be cool to have something diffrent at the pulls.

Thanks, thats the plan is to be different. It will already be very different with disk brakes, a whole new front end, billet flywheel, and turning 3000 RPM. I also figured that some people like red tractors, some people like green tractors, but everyone will like a yellow tractor.

FactoryFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Industrial G-pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

WeirdDeere wrote:
(quoted from post at 03:36:32 02/22/13) It's great to see something different, especially when it's in industrial yellow!

The only other industrial "feature" I can think of at the moment would be square drilled and tapped mounting pads on your frame for intergral equipment.

Be sure to post pictures of the beast when you're done!

Brandon

Thanks alot Brandon, glad you like it!

I should call it "The Weird Deere" Laughing

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Industrial G-pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's what Lance Little was probably thinking on his "830" super stock...

gtx1967jewison
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Industrial G-pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where did you get the flywheel made?
Thanks!

FactoryFarmer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Industrial G-pic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

gtx1967jewison wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:24:49 02/22/13) Where did you get the flywheel made?
Thanks!

A neighbor is making it for me.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.