Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TxJim Fitting photos 4020 loader

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nylon4020
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: TxJim Fitting photos 4020 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I took some pics of the fitting. I was thinking I pulled a plug and new fitting went in...not the case...it is a Tee. The plug was from the joystick. I brought in the old elbow and shop owner matched threads and size to a tee that we could work with. I am not sharp on the threads. Think its a mix of JIC and npt. I know I got the thread wrong on the joystick port and blew a hose out the threads while lifting the end of a 20ft air/sea container to block level. Nothing like hydro all over inside of cab and clothes.

nylon4020
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: TxJim Fitting photos 4020 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rest of photos

nylon4020
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: TxJim Fitting photos 4020 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Whoops...one photo shows heater hook up. I keep cab heat off..that keeps the heater water going into the block and not circulating into the cab. I snowblow with windows open to keep snow from melting and freezing to glass. Although blowing is only time 4020 gets a workout and cab retains heat.

nylon4020
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: TxJim Fitting photos 4020 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just went out and stuck my face in there. That Tee goes into an adapter. Outside threads to match tractor port. Inside threads to tee. That is what that is.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: TxJim Fitting photos 4020 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John
This should be he spec's for the tee. Maybe this will help someone in the future that's attempting to plumb a loader valve.

Part Number: AK40462
Part Price: 36.33 CAD
Description: TEE - O RING BOSS
Specification
Weight 0.88 LBS 0.40 Kg
Tube Outside Diameter 0.750 IN
Tube Outside Diameter 0.750 IN
Thread Size 1.062 IN
Thread Size 1.062 IN
Thread Size 1.062 IN
Length 1.640 IN
Length 1.920 IN
Length 1.620 IN

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: TxJim Fitting photos 4020 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How do you know how full your hyd. oil is ?

Roger in Iowa
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: TxJim Fitting photos 4020 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Jim for the tee part number. We are working on a 4020 now!

roger

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: TxJim Fitting photos 4020 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Roger in Iowa wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:02:02 02/25/13) Thanks Jim for the tee part number. We are working on a 4020 now!

roger

Roger
You need to thank long green line man for the part # as he posted the part # on another thread. I thought I would post the part# & spec's along with John's(nylon4020) photo's for future reference to hopefully make it easier for a conversion.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: TxJim Fitting photos 4020 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mike M wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:57:15 02/25/13) How do you know how full your hyd. oil is ?

Good question. I hadn't thought about that the trans oil dipstick screwed in that hole.

nylon4020
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: TxJim Fitting photos 4020 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is the dipstick

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: TxJim Fitting photos 4020 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dang I hate getting "oldtimers" and forget where the tranny dipstick is on a 4020 Laughing

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: TxJim Fitting photos 4020 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

YEP !!! LOL I thought it was attached to the cap like the engine one ? But now that he showed the picture of the little one I think mine has that too. I have to lift the seat all the way up to get it out.

Darn 4020 has been so trouble free I am forgetting where all this stuff is.
I did give ours a "treat" a few years back now ? to new hy-gard and a new filter and checked the screen which was still clean.

wilamayb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: TxJim Fitting photos 4020 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The dipstick/filler tube are combined on the console models just like the engine dipstick.

Roger in Iowa
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: TxJim Fitting photos 4020 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is the part mumber for the tee at the rockshaft housing?

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: TxJim Fitting photos 4020 loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Roger
I don't have the part # but this is the spec's on the "L" fitting that requires replacement.

Maybe Mike M will post the part number.

If it was my tractor without a cab I'd R&R the fitting just in frt of the brake pedal on the other end of the RS supply line in the photo.

Part Number: AR35712
Description: ELBOW,90 DEGREE,ADJUSTABLE
Specification
Weight 0.35 LBS 0.16 Kg
Tube Outside Diameter 0.625 IN
Thread Size 0.875 IN
Thread Size 0.875 IN
Length 1.449 IN
Length 2.079 IN
Length 0.500 IN

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.