Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Raven Lawn Mower at Lowes?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ralph, Ohio
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Raven Lawn Mower at Lowes? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does anybody know anything about the Raven brand hybrid-powered riding mower/ATV/engine-generator being sold at Lowes? For $2999 I'm guessing it's Harbor Freight quality & parts & service could be a problem. There are a couple YouTube videos about the Raven.

Ozarker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Raven Lawn Mower at Lowes? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is a China owned startup based in North Carolina. They use RATO engines made by the parent company in China. Units are assembled and distributed here. Google Denver Global Products to read all about it. CEO was formerly with Husqvarna Consumer products.

Ralph, Ohio
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Raven Lawn Mower at Lowes? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ozarker, thank you very much for the details.

riccumming
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Raven Lawn Mower at Lowes? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

just go to the lowes web site and look at the reviews only a few but they are all great idea sounds good will be looking in to one soon

Spook
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Raven Lawn Mower at Lowes? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Interesting idea, but I might wait a year or 2, let somebody else be the 1st guy on the block.

janis
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Raven Lawn Mower at Lowes? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We bought one yesterday and were impressed with the machine - where else can you get a hybrid-gas "mule", lawn mower, and generator for $2999. Plus, throw in the extended warranty and what's to lose - 1st generation or not.

janis
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Raven Lawn Mower at Lowes? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We bought one yesterday and very
impressed with the machine - where else can you get a hybrid-gas "mule", lawn mower, and generator for $2999. Plus, throw in the extended warranty and what's to lose - 1st generation or not.

karebear

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Raven Lawn Mower at Lowes? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You need to do more research not made in china! Made in NC USA. I know had to study this one and I sell this Thanks

ChrisKssssssssssssss

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Raven Lawn Mower at Lowes? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lowes put a stop sale on this today. The return rate has been close to everyone sold. It is having all kinds of issues. Looks like you guys wanting one won't be getting one soon. All of 6 reviews are from probably the same person with the company posting a different area and name.

InsertName

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Raven Lawn Mower at Lowes? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good to know. I was about to buy one. Guess I'll wait, Any idea what kind of problems it has been having?

W_B
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Raven Lawn Mower at Lowes? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Saw one on my last trip to Lowes on Saturday. Wondering what the point of the hybrid is? Would it really save that much fuel vs. the extra complication of the electrics and weight of the batteries? Does it generate enough juice to power corded tools (drills, trimmers, etc.)? What have the issues been with them?

Ledro
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Raven Lawn Mower at Lowes? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought one last Monday, scheduled delivery for Wednesday. On Tuesday, Denver Global imposed some sort of "stop sale" because of a vague safety issue. Now Lowe"s refuses to let me take my mower home. The Raven rep from Denver Global inspected my mower and cleared it from whatever problem they feared. Denver Global Customer Service said that technically, my mower was not subject to their "not a recall" because I had already purchased it before the "stop sale" began.
My Lowe's store claims some corporate policy prohibits them from turning my mower over to me. They claim I have to wait until 100% of all the Ravens in existance are checked and cleared. They even estimated that this could take a month or more.
They have until 5 pm CST before I just get a refund and buy something from Home Depot.

Bedazzler

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Raven Lawn Mower at Lowes? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are upset that a company is trying to protect you? You are going to go to their competitor as revenge for stopping you from getting a potentially problematic piece of equipment?

Ledro
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Raven Lawn Mower at Lowes? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mine was inspected and cleared by the manufacturer. Lowes was holding my mower for no reason, and against the recommendation of the manufacturer.

Ledro
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Raven Lawn Mower at Lowes? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I finally got my Raven. My previous mower is a Husqvarna with the hand control for drive. This drive control is my favorite because I can operate the mower extremely accurately with very little effort and it has cruise control built in. Absolutely no need for a brake pedal, other than to activate the parking brake. Very smooth drive speed changes and the only thing preventing instantaneous direction reversal is the limitations of tire traction.

First off, the Rave's starter battery was dead from the the moment I got it. It drove in electric mode just fine, though. The manual says you can't jump start it. You need a special slow charging cable that is sold separately, which Lowe's didn't have. So I jump started it. A bit difficult to get to the battery, had to take out about 5 screws and remove a panel.
It jumped easily.

In my opinion the Raven mower deck cuts well, the unit drives fast and the generator will most likely be very convenient. But the drive system is very choppy and very inconvenient. It is very difficult to make small adjustments to your drive speed. Very jerky. So much that it forced me to use the cruise control as much as I could (which works very well.) It is extremely annoying to use reverse while mowing. You have to push a kill defeat button before you push reverse. Every time. (I will be defeating this.) Then, the process of changing from forward to reverse, or back, takes 5-10 seconds. When you have to maneuver around a lot of lawn obstacles, this whole process is VERY tedious and time consuming. I ended up making big loops to reverse direction whenever possible, because using reverse was just too much trouble.
The steering is very heavy. Takes WAY more strength to turn than any other mower I have ever used. Maybe because it's twice as heavy as a traditional mower.

I am hoping the use as an electric vehicle on my property and the generator make up for the completely unrefined mowing experience. I am expecting better towing than with my Husqvarna. I am keeping the Raven for now, but I'm only another small annoyance away from returning it.
Like most things that are supposed to perform several different functions, this unit performs none of them very well.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.