Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CA handclutch knob?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hossman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: CA handclutch knob? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey guys, I recently received a handclutch knob I had ordered for my CA im redoing and as I thought the knob has a brass threaded insert. Welll, the handle on my handclutch has a knurled end on it not a threaded one that will fit the knob I ordered. Is there different end on these handles depending on years? (Mines a 53') I was just wondering if anyone out there had any input on this and if they could suggest where I could get the other type knob. Thanks for any help, Hoss

Ted in NE-OH
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: CA handclutch knob? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What you have left on the hand clutch lever is part of the old knob, it must be removed to get to the threaded part of the lever. You may have to use heat to get that off.

LenND
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: CA handclutch knob? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you are lucky a lock pliers may, I say may, break it loose.

JMS./MN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: CA handclutch knob? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try removing that knurled end- it may be screwed on......might need some oxy/acet heat, and apply candle wax as it cools, then try unscrewing. cuz the knurled part was part of the knob that got screwed on!

gearheadbill
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: CA handclutch knob? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JMS, you say apply candle wax as it cools, that is a new one on me. What does that do?

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: CA handclutch knob? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Soaks in between the threads and loosens the parts. Used it countless times over many years- really good on manifold studs.

Hossman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: CA handclutch knob? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guys, Thanks so much for the help. Boy I looked the knurled end over before posting this cause i thought it looked like maybe the old insert off of a knob but boy I sure didnt see any kinda of seam like where it would screw off but I will def.put the ol smoke wrench to her and heat it up good an see what happens. I guess when ya think about it 60 years of being screwed on the end it would definitely petrify and weld itself on there! I forget sometimes how old these ol jewels are!(L.O.L.) thanks again guys. Hoss

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.