Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rollamatic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh Russell
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Rollamatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am looking for a rollamatic narrow front end for my John Deere 3010 and a guy gave me a rollamatic from under a John Deere 50 and said it would work . My 3010 has a wide front under it now so I have nothing to compare it with . If any one has any input for me on this I would greatly appreciate it .
Thanks
Josh

long green line man
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Rollamatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Roll-O-Matic from a 50 is very lite duty , small spindles & bearings, 3 bolt plate on spindle arm attach.. I'd look for a HD. 4 bolt plate, same spindle & bearing as your wide front...

Josh Russell
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Rollamatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok good to know thank you for your response .

jwuertz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: Rollamatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

would one from a jd 60 work?

Josh Russell
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Rollamatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am not sure about that. It might.

long green line man
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Rollamatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One from 60 should be very similar , very early model 60 & late A with split pedestal are slightly dif. Late model 20 series (new gen) tractors used a improved ex.HD Roll-o-Matic. Id. by 3/8 bolts in plate att. spindle arm...

Josh Russell
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Rollamatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok good to know . Thanks again for the information . Very helpfull.

jwuertz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Rollamatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On my 54 jd60 it has the 4 bolt square pattern
I,m not sure of the measurements though. what are they on your 3010?

Josh Russell
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Rollamatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 3010 has an after market wide front end that is different than the actual john deeres . It is a really poorly made front end and it keeps breaking spindles were the tie rod connects to them . I am tired of fixing it and would like to take it back to original or at least a john deere front end .

tomstractorsandtoys1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Rollamatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I maybe late to post on this but when you go to put your rollomatic on make sure you get the correct length bolts,they are 2 1/4 (I maybe wrong)if you use the wrong bolts it will mess the seal up in the bottom of the steering motor and you will not know it untill it starts leaking.

Josh Russell
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Rollamatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No you are not to late . I did not know that. Any information can always be useful. Thanks for the reply.

Plant Doc
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Rollamatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a rollamatic from my 3010 that I converted to a wide front. I am willing to part with it for the cost of the freight. I am in NJ if interested.

Josh Russell
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Rollamatic Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the offer but I have located a front end a few miles from me that I am going to get after it gets warmer.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Restoration and Repair Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.