Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Allis hd???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diesel smoke 76
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Allis hd??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can anyone help me identify what hd model a dozed I called about is by these numbers I was given 98-4547. Told me that's the model made in 1947? No pictures or other info available .I'm thinking if it is like tractors it would say something like. Hd------ .maby this is some engine number. I don't need to drive 2hours for something over12 ton I can't haul thank you matt

DGH
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis hd??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

for 1947 they made HD5, HD7, HD10, HD14, Hd19 Serial numbers would be 4 or 5 digits with no -. Only the HD 5 & 7 would be under your 12 ton

fordtractorpro
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Allis hd??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hd 5 is a good machine with a bucket on it. With the 271 detroit and the gear reduction was a powerhouse. The hd 7 with the 371 detroit and straight blade was usely on hard ground. If you tried taking more than a inch or 2 at a time it would break traction.

Diesel smoke 76
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Allis hd??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am mainly looking for a smaller machine to pile some brush from firewood clean out thorn bushes in the woods and level ground for tool shed. anyone have any idea of parts availability for older hd"s. D D should be no problem but the crawler im not sure about. matt

DonBC
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Allis hd??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try posting your questions on the construction section of the Allis Chalmers site. Lots of HD owners frquent that site.

dej(Jed)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Allis hd??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lots of parts around for the 5's. Just go to Goggle. They were a powerhouse. I had a TD9 and an HD 5. I sold the AC and regreted that move until I got rid of it and got another AC 5. I think about every other farm here in western pa had one. Right now I know of approx. 7 of them.

WayneB
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Allis hd??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where are you located?

TimBinWV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis hd??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have an HD6G loader with excellent undercarriage, if the need should arise.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.