Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4400 Combine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charllie in MO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: 4400 Combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found a decent 4400 but the guy only has a corn head. He will sell the combine seperate but I need to find a 14'grain head, how hard will that be to find, how much should it cost and is there a good model number for the grain head I should look for?
Thank you,
Charlie

Cooney Minnie
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 4400 Combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It'll be hard to find a 14 ft head. Deere made 13 and 15 ft during the 4400 series, or at least later on.

Are you looking for a rigid head or flex? the 213 or 215 would be about right for a 4400. They are out there, with price varying on condition.

AJB-830
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 4400 Combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Two years ago I paid $2,000 for my 213 straight cut grain head and then another $600 for a new sicle and guards. If you are going to cut soybeans, then you need a flex head. But for wheat and oats, I prefer the rigid head. In my area you can find 213 or 215 heads from about $1,000 to $2,500. A 215 head is a bit to big in heavy wheat or oats, but a good size for soybeans on a 4400 or 4420. Al

gregger
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 4400 Combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

tractorhouse has 23 213's
18 215's
32 216's

gregger

rockyridgefarm
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 4400 Combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Another vote for a 213. 215s are pretty heavy especially in hills. We had a 215 flex head on a 6620 sidehill. Would have preferred a 216 so to get the sixth row when cutting beans, but a 215 was enough. I wouldn't risk it for a 4400. 213 is safe. Can be had all day long for $750 to 1500 here. If you'll never cut beans, get a rigid head. They feed better than a flex head locked up.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.