Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Allis B steering part needed (see pics)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mightymolinekid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Allis B steering part needed (see pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey all, I'm trying to help a co-worker with their B. They had tons of slop in the steering, took the gear box apart and found this arm to be wore out where it rides in the worm gear. If anyone would have one or a good place to look would be much appreciated. As you may guess by my screen name, I'm not an orange guy but when it comes to resurrection, I'm color blind LOL!
Thanks

Zachary Hoyt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis B steering part needed (see pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a B steering box that had less than 1/8 turn of play in it while on the tractor. The shaft that runs to the steering wheel is rusted and bent at the top but otherwise it is ready to work. I was looking to get $50 for the unit and I can ship it.
Zach

mightymolinekid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis B steering part needed (see pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I understand there was 3 different steering boxes used on these? Will they just interchange? Thanks!

RalphWD45
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis B steering part needed (see pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The button on my B was worse than that! I took it to a machinist friend, to get fixed, and he grabbed a bolt and turned the head into a cone shape, using my worm gear, to check the angle, and final diameter with. he removed the old button and replaced it with the bolt, which he cut off to the right length. It works great, but still needs a new seal.

Zachary Hoyt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Allis B steering part needed (see pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A box off a B should interchange with another box off a B as far as I know, all that would matter would be the alignment of the shafts and the bolt holes on the torque tube. I think that Ross and Gemmer were the brands. The C box is a Ross and turns the other way, so it does not interchange. Send me an email and I can send you pictures of the box I have if you are interested.
Zach

Ted in NE-OH
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Allis B steering part needed (see pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tracy Martin on the other AC site has a machine shop and can replace the button. He just did two for me $65 each and they look great.

ramtuff
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Allis B steering part needed (see pics) Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There some on ebay now for 25.00 an change.You can also get them at John Deere.The one for jd model m tractor is the same.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.