Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ram Rumors?????

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Ram Rumors????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is just a rumor but I'm wondering if anyone else has heard it. I cannot verify it and may have been lied to.

Rumor: Fiat seperated the RAM from the Chrylser/Dodge banner so they can spin it off.

It makes no sense to me because from what I can find the Ram division is the strongest thing thay have going in the US. Just wanted to know if anyone else heard/saw anything about this.

Rick

ShadetreeRet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Ram Rumors????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Unless Fiat is a heck of a lot better quality than they used to be, they better hang on to a good thing while they have it! The only vehicle ever sold in this country that was less quality than Fiat was Yugo.

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Ram Rumors????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't think so, there website still says Chrysler, mopar, dodge
and jeep

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Ram Rumors????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't think so, there website still says Chrysler, mopar, dodge
and jeep

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Ram Rumors????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Either way its the only truck I'd consider even buying.

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Ram Rumors????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you pay attention to the comercials they are now calling it a RAM truck. No mention of Dodge at all.

And as I said it's a rumor. I don't really care what you would buy or drive. I pick vehicles based on my knowledge of mechanics and research. I never ask anyones opinion when buying. All I was wondering is if anyone else had heard anything.

This isn't an attack on the RAM, it's an honest question about Fiat's long term plan for the RAM division. With Fiat's past history I wouldn't say it's true or a lie.

Rick

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Ram Rumors????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

G1355, please also note I did not bash the RAM. All I did was ask a question.

Rick

k6zrx
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Ram Rumors????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is my understanding that Ram trucks have a Dodge VIN code.

I will check this weekend on my friend's new Ram Express.

Josh

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Ram Rumors????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well for the last year or so they don't use dodge in the t.v.
Commercials, but I know our 2012 powerwagon says dodge in
it, and they don't have the 2013 2500s or bigger out yet and I
haven't looked at the 2013 1500s to see if they still say dodge
or not, if they did take the name away from Chrysler I'd like to
see if they ever put an iveco in the truck since they own them
to, that's what they did to case and new holland they used to
run cummins to, the iveco seems to be a good motor to, our
435 case with the 12.9 liter has good power and very very fuel
efficient.

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Ram Rumors????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ya I understand, I'm not saying your lying you could be 100%
right guess time will tell, sooner or later it probebly will happen.

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Ram Rumors????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

k6zrx wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:26:14 03/01/13) It is my understanding that Ram trucks have a Dodge VIN code.

I will check this weekend on my friend's new Ram Express.

Josh

I think they still have a Dodge VIN code and the title will say Dodge but I think that's where the speculation/rumor I heard came from. Trying to get people to stop linking Dodge with Ram then spin em off? Perhaps to cover for some of thier losses in the Fiat division? I don't know. That is why I posted what I was told and ask if others had heard/seen anything.

G1355, who knows? I think the engine swap would be a mistake because so many people want that Cummins. Be hard to sell die hard Cummins fans on anohter engine I think.

Rick

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Ram Rumors????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe that the RAM brand is, indeed, being separated from Dodge.

The reasons for doing so remain to be seen but divestiture is certainly one such reason.

Dean

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Ram Rumors????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

To be honest with you, that's all we ever had in our 4wd
tractors before, is cummins we got a new case last year with
the iveco and was really impressed, there way more fuel
efficient for the same power. Don't know if you've ran one but
think there a very good motor

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Ram Rumors????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

G1355 wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:40:57 03/01/13) To be honest with you, that's all we ever had in our 4wd
tractors before, is cummins we got a new case last year with
the iveco and was really impressed, there way more fuel
efficient for the same power. Don't know if you've ran one but
think there a very good motor

Nope never run one but everything I've read about them is positive.

Would still be a hard sell to most Americans who have never heard of Iveco. About the only Americans besides farmers who know anything about Iveco are Vets who served in Europe and remember seeing Iveco trucks as slow lumbering things that they passed on the autobahn. Everyone knows the Cummins name.

Rick

Jon Hagen
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Ram Rumors????? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That story is somewhat based in fact according to Motor trend magazine.
Fait is confident of Ram's survival, not so much for Dodge or Chrysler brands, so they split Ram away, so a Chrysler / Dodge failure does not drag Ram down with them.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.