Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sparkplugs

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Kaiser
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Sparkplugs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I tried to get autolite 437 at NAPA parts store they need all the numbers can someone help me out?
Yhanks:

R Geiger
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Sparkplugs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

find a different store!

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Sparkplugs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Auto liter is the brand of the plug as in the company that makes them. 437 is the complete number for that plug. Sounds like you got a parts person who can only do computer stuff and you need to try a different person or different store.

Beanmedic
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Sparkplugs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 437 is the complete number. Champion H12 will also work. It's supposed to be in the same heat range.

R Geiger
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Sparkplugs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bud Kaiser wrote:
(quoted from post at 01:11:44 03/03/13) I tried to get autolite 437 at NAPA parts store they need all the numbers can someone help me out?
Yhanks:

Go to napaonline.com and seach for auolite 437.

01BIRDDOG
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Sparkplugs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have also tried to get spark plugs at some of the local auto stores. I ask for a Champion J12Y one day as i can use these in iron head Harleys and they just scratched their head. They didn't even have a cross over on it.

L. B,
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Sparkplugs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Google in NAPA Autolite spark plugs 437 and it comes up with it and NAPA'S #s. Give them their # for cross ref maybe that will help them.

Tom N MS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Sparkplugs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree..I have no problem getting them at Advance Auto

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Sparkplugs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

complain to the store owner if a franchise.. or the regional manager if a corporate store.

parts counterpeople that lazy need to move over and let others who would like to work, get a job..

bobs old iron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Sparkplugs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

if that store doesn't have it, and don't know how to look it up,i wouldn't waste my time doing their work, i'll go to another store untill i find what i need,, [go thing the stores are close to me],, if i know more than the clerk, that tells me somthing about them..

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Sparkplugs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sad when you have to explain the stuff to the clerks.... Sad

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Sparkplugs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is why at the only auto parts store we have I ask for this person or that person and if they are not there often just ask when they will be. But then there are a number of times they call me when they need to know where to find a part for a tractor

ASEguy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Sparkplugs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep. A good parts guy can make your day, a bad one ruin your weekend. When I needed colder plugs for an engine I was doing, I asked the parts guy behind the counter for them. He looked at me and said they were all the same temperature. Same store sells compression fittings for brake line repair. Gerard

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Sparkplugs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those brake lines sound like an accident waiting to happen and I know if found that sure does not pass inspection.

Sparkie

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Sparkplugs Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why not order plugs from this site and have them shipped to your door. Probably cheaper than driving to town!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.