Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MY 2N

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curtsat15
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: MY 2N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So on Christmas day my Dad tells me he can't afford to pick up the repaired tire from the shop down the road. He asked if I would be able to help him out and pay the bill and pick it up. I said of course I can (knowing the bill would be around $400). My Dad and I went outside a bit later for a cigarette, and standing beside the old 2N, he looks at me and says "Y'know, you've done so much getting this tractor running, and getting my Major back up to snuff, when you drop off that tire at the yard, I'll have a bill of sale ready, and the N is yours." I almost cried (I'm 40 LOL). So about a week later I called the shop and the owner was not pleased with my Dad (they've had some financial difficulties due to medical issues). I talked to him a while and found that he and I had a few mutual friends and interests. I explained the situation to him and he said he would be willing to wait for a few weeks for payment. So yesterday I went out there (about 12 miles from my home)and picked it up and paid the bill. The tractor shop owner was so pleasant and soft spoken. I then found out that the tire had been there almost 6 months. He asked if my parents were doing OK and that the wait not a big deal, he was just glad that someone had called him and let him know what the situation was. He also said he was glad the tractor was staying in the family.
My point to the whole spiel is that there are still some wonderful people out there, that care about the people they serve and work for.

Curtsat15
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: MY 2N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh and by the way, the deal with my Dad was that the tractor stays on his yard LOL, which is fine as I have no use for it in town, and I'm going to move out to that yard when Mom and Dad are done with it anyway.

Fuddy Duddy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: MY 2N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like a good deal. Good to keep something like that in the family. That tire repair wasn't for the 2N I take it. $400 sounds mighty high for a repair. Can get a new one for that.

Colin King
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: MY 2N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great story, Curt! Thanks for sharing.

Colin, MN

Curtsat15
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: MY 2N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah the repair bill was for the N. It needed a new outer rim. If it was only the tire I would have bought a new one! But now I have a 2N with an 8N front mount, still on 6v, that has been in the family almost 20 years. My Granddad had one when I was little, and this sure keeps the memories alive!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.