Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

husquvarna 324L commercial string trimmer?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: husquvarna 324L commercial string trimmer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a husquvarna 324L commercial string trimmer. I need a carb kit. The husky 324L is 4 stroke. There are carb kits for 323L and 325L, which are 2 stroke, but can't find one for a 324L. Your help will be appriciated.
BYW, I noticed last year when I worked on the carb, there are no adjustments and in Bold letters on the engine it says "HONDA" not Husquvarna. Go figure.

Sorry I accidently posted this on the ford sight.

Thanks,
George

joe csuti
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: husquvarna 324L commercial string trimmer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Goto link below,click on husqvarna logo,from list choose trimmer/clearing saw,look at carb parts drawing for 324lx,see if drawing/parts list match your carb,if it does do a goggle search for walbro wyb-6 carb,several online dealers offering kits for carb.
husqvarna

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: husquvarna 324L commercial string trimmer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Joe, Thanks, I went to the sight, WOW they want an arm and leg for parts. Thanks for telling me what kind of carb I have. Will search for a better price.
George

joe csuti
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: husquvarna 324L commercial string trimmer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I only use partstree as parts lookup/reference,then do a goggle search or check local dealer/ebay for needed part as they are STEEP on prices.

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: husquvarna 324L commercial string trimmer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Joe, went past the lawn and garden parts store today. Man showed me where to look for the carb numbers. He said it could be a ZAMA carb. Many thanks.

George

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: husquvarna 324L commercial string trimmer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Joe you were absolutely right about the carb being a WYB 6B. I found a sight that show it came off a honda engine and there is a replacement carb for $52 and change. What do you think?

George
replacement cab from lawnmowerpros,com

joe csuti
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: husquvarna 324L commercial string trimmer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's possible carb a zama,this is why I told you to check assembly drawing/parts list to see if carb the same,at top of parts drawing it says walbro wyb-6,this may/may not be a replacement for zama carb,this is something you'll have to get sorted out at husqvarna dealer/local mower shop.

joe csuti
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: husquvarna 324L commercial string trimmer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I didn't check this site in your link when I did a goggle search as I was looking for a kit rather than a complete carb,I did check ereplacement parts & a couple of other sites,rebuild kits were listed for $8-$10,its a mixed bag as far as rebuild versus new carb,many guys don't want to go thru the flustrating battle of rebuilding carb & just spend the $40-$50 for a new carb,the choice is yours,most of the time I rebuild walbro carbs on my trimmers/leaf blowers,but it can be flustrating to get eng to run correctly after rebuild,a few times I have replaced carbs after fooling around rebuilding with mixed results.

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: husquvarna 324L commercial string trimmer? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Joe, I think I'm going to order one and not mess with it. I noticed after taking mine off, the idle circuit is messed up.
George

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.