Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REMOVING LUG BOLTS REVISITED

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Detmurds
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: REMOVING LUG BOLTS REVISITED Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok,..Got the wheel removed, and the only problem I have now is there is no knockout plug in the brake backing plate! Shop manual says to drill out a 1 inch hole in the brake backing plate directly behind the wheel bolt circle.

Now here are the questions:

If I do drill out a 1 inch hole,..do I need to get a backing plug,..book says nothing about that?

Where do I drill the hole? I have two clearances between retainers of some sort at the top and at the bottom,..would that bottom clearance be the best place?

Am I hosed and I have to remove the axle shaft from the axle housing?

Thanks for any help here,..the shop manual is so "in general" and the pictures are so limited.

Detmurds
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: REMOVING LUG BOLTS REVISITED Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is a 641 Workmaster

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: REMOVING LUG BOLTS REVISITED Reply to specific post Reply with quote

a rubber plug could be stuffed in, or a metal dash hole plug. guess you could solder a piece of roof tin on as well.

I have a pic of a hole drilled somewhere. i'm at work so i don't have it with me. maybee in the mean time someone else will post one.. otherwise I'll dig thru my pics and see if I can find one.

Detmurds
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: REMOVING LUG BOLTS REVISITED Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you so much Soundguy! I will be waiting to see what you show me.

Detmurds
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: REMOVING LUG BOLTS REVISITED Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Detmurds wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:35:15 03/05/13) Thank you so much Soundguy! I will be waiting to see what you show me.

Today is the day I have to do this. Wish me luck in doing the right things.

Detmurds
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: REMOVING LUG BOLTS REVISITED Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ya all mean to tell me that nobody has ever had this kind of situation dealing with a Workmaster? I didn't do anything yet,..thought I would wait to see if ANYONE could help me out here???? Anything that is helpful would be greatly appreciated. Thanks folks.

Last edited by Detmurds on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.