Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roll gard decal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1968 2510

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Roll gard decal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got a roll gard decal from Trav Jorde. He said it is off-center to one side or the other but wasnt sure which way. Does anyone have measurements or a pic of this decal in place? Thanks in advance for your help

Mike Aylward
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Roll gard decal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pretty sure the decal favors the right side. As far as actual measurements I am not sure. My guess is if you made an imaginary line in the center of the tractor and one at the vertical edge of the Roll-Gard, then centered the decal in that area you would be very close. Mike

cumminspuller
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Roll gard decal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There was one on my old 4520 I had. The right edge of the decal was almost against the right edge of the cross bar in the roll guard. Does that made any since?

Chris

tomstractorsandtoys1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Roll gard decal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will try and find my sales brochure for when they came out and post back if I can find it.

Bob Harvey
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Roll gard decal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ole Schmidt ! Are we going for the Concours d'Elegance. Are the "Correct Police" that tough ? - ;^)

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Roll gard decal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep I agree towards the right but "oldtimers" won't reveal how far.

tomstractorsandtoys1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Roll gard decal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I checked several sales brochures and here are the results.On the original introduction brochure there was no roll-guard decal only the John Deere decal centered between the posts.I also found several other early tractor pics without the roll-guard decal.On the pics of side console tractors the John Deere is centered and the roll-guard decal is underneath with the D in roll-guard under the last E in John Deere.That is what gives the offset.I found my results in several different brochures with one on rear cultivaters giving the best pics.

Badger08
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Roll gard decal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1968 2510 wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:45:38 03/05/13) Got a roll gard decal from Trav Jorde. He said it is off-center to one side or the other but wasnt sure which way. Does anyone have measurements or a pic of this decal in place? Thanks in advance for your help

sideconsole4020guy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Roll gard decal Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got the decal from john deere and it was a 1 piece decal and I centered it on the roll bar

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.