Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NORMAL Weather ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: NORMAL Weather ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

is your weather as goofy as ours ?here in louisville area in the last 3 weeks maybe 2 days were fit for a dogs life , let alone cows having new calves and hawggs out on dirt,wet ,cold nasty wind , with measureable snow every other day .we usually get a few days of crappy weather that always gives way to warm weather, but not this year .over serveral different years i recall ,early warm wet march canoeing across the cornfields in the ohio back water to get food to friends stranded by the river ,last march 2 ,wicked tornados showed up around here making a mess of everything,one year on march 10th we had a horrible hale storm that riddle nearly every roof trash in 10 minutes , pulvarized the woods and cows to where they were nearly senseless ,,a warm week in early march and getting a bad sunburn while putting a roof on .. YES ,, from previous experience,, It Is a NORMAL YEAR ,, nothin like ANY of the previous 10 yrs weather patterns ....

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: NORMAL Weather ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep we have roller coaster weather here. Yesterday is was up in the low 60s today down in the upper 30s and windy. Calling for rain snow mix tonight and then tomorrow warm again. March is and has been coming in like a lion this year

John B.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: NORMAL Weather ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well we got snow in the grass this morning and in two days it's supposed to be in the mid 60"s.
It's been windy too.

I just wonder if this crazy weather has anything to do with the sink holes in Florida and any other strange incidents happening with our earth?

Nancy Howell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: NORMAL Weather ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yesterday at 5:00 it was 88, today its 56.

Been a roller coaster winter.

Larry NEIL
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: NORMAL Weather ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just measured...got 7" of new snow so far today and about 3-4 of old. I'm liken it alot! The hayfield really needs thios.

BANDITFARMER
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: NORMAL Weather ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just remember when its done with you its headed my way! I truely dont know what normal is anymore. Bandit

John730D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: NORMAL Weather ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You asked for Normal weather. Here it is. LOL!!! About 25 miles Southwest of me.
NORMAL WEATHER

John730D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: NORMAL Weather ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bad link. Try
THIS ONE

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: NORMAL Weather ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thats a very good link ,,normal il is named for the teachers college there .. ,,did you chek in your deere nite

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: NORMAL Weather ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Every year is different cold fronts move in then warm fronts,average temp doesn't mean a whole lot as the temp may have never been what is the average for that day.

Richard G.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: NORMAL Weather ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I always laugh when I hear the term normal weather.
The retired state meteorologist here in SC told me years ago that he had studied weather patterns as far back as they had been written about. He said nothing is occurring now that has not occurred before. All types of weather from one extreme to the other lump together to make "normal". an old friend who died years ago told me he remembered a year here when we had frost every month except June, July and August. I remember it snowing on May 10 in the mid 60's.

Richard in NW SC

W_B
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: NORMAL Weather ?? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John B. wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:40:00 03/05/13)
I just wonder if this crazy weather has anything to do with the sink holes in Florida and any other strange incidents happening with our earth?

Sinkholes are caused by ground water being pumped out and leaving voids that collapse in on themselves. My company pays out a lot of $$ to fix these things down there, it's one of our biggest causes of loss.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.