Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ford 1600 new to forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
axe55
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: ford 1600 new to forum Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i'm new to the ford forum. I own a ford 1600 diesel my best guess 1976 I've owned it for over 20 years i change fluids, filter, 2 water pumps it's been good to go; the local dealer is no longer new holland . the ignition switch is messed up i need to replace it, overall a good little tractor. did they make a loader for a 1600? thanks in advance john

Last edited by axe55 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave O'Brien
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: ford 1600 new to forum Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Might have to do some searching on the ign. switch, But that seems like it should be a common part.
My 1600 has a Freeman loader on it. Works pretty well, But heavy on the front. I"ve seen photos of a few others with loaders but can"t make out the brand.
Question: What do you run in the transmission and hydraulic system for oil?

axe55
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: ford 1600 new to forum Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i bet that loader would be heavy, didn't think about that. i forgot i had 4 new tires put on it a couple years ago, don't remember the price,it wasn't bad. i'm sad to say I've never changed it. the fluid still looks good.

RodinNS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: ford 1600 new to forum Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised if your local dealer still carries NH parts in some form or another... If they sold the tractors for a lot of years and there's a parts market out there... they're going to try and fill it somehow.

If they're not selling parts... tract down another dealer. Any I've ever dealt with were more than glad to take a CC number or CNH Capital card...then drop your parts in a couriour bag overnight. It's a way of life 'here'.
As far as the tractor goes... if it's 2WD I would NOT put a loader on it. If it's FWD I might... if I could find a cheap enough loader. 1600 is an old tractor today in terms of compacts. I would not want to get too much money tied up in it myself. If it ever had a major failure it will cost mor to fix than it's worth if it can be fixed...

Rod

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.