Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

30 series Factory Cab,did Case offer a radio?? Pics?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ande
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: 30 series Factory Cab,did Case offer a radio?? Pics? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok,Tom and I were talking today on the phone,and discussing the post he did on radios,and both of us could not answer if Case offered a radio for the factory cab on the 30 series,as Tom said,they offered air conditioning,so,did they offer a radio? If so,any pics??

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 30 series Factory Cab,did Case offer a radio?? Pics? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have seen factory cabs on 9-1030's, did they offer them on other models? And radio's I have no idea. The first AC unit from CASE that I saw was on a 1470. Rod.

jic
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 30 series Factory Cab,did Case offer a radio?? Pics? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

dealer hired this new guy (not me!) he was putting a radio in a 1470 he said this one played for a second then quit. another radio, it quit. 24 volt tractor 12 volt radio. duh (again it was not me) anybody else do that?

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 30 series Factory Cab,did Case offer a radio?? Pics? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dan,
We only sold one 930 with a factory cab. and it is still alive and well pulling it's weight here locally. We did however install a lot of Full Vision cabs. They were roomy, with lots of glass, and we put their radio kits and their box heaters in them. We never sold AC cabs until the 70 series, and they were limited until about 74 when the white tractors came out.
Loren

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 30 series Factory Cab,did Case offer a radio?? Pics? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

YUP!! the first one our mechanic sent out the door did the same thing cnt

Iowa Barber
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 30 series Factory Cab,did Case offer a radio?? Pics? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We bought a new 930CK when they came out with a factory cab with ac. It also had a radio. We bought it from Case Power and Equipment in Iowa Falls Iowa. I can not say for sure that it was not dealer installed. I say this because I was later hired by them at a later date to come to the dealership and charge dealer installed AC units after hours as I was farming and working at the Ford dealership, Brian

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 30 series Factory Cab,did Case offer a radio?? Pics? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where did they hang the compressor on a 930, there surely is'nt enough room under the hood, Rod.

BarryfromIA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 30 series Factory Cab,did Case offer a radio?? Pics? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a 730 with a factory cab north of Sioux City. I do not know if it is factory installed.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 30 series Factory Cab,did Case offer a radio?? Pics? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was under the impression that Case only offered a factory cab on 9&1030's with rear fuel tank.
Loren

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 30 series Factory Cab,did Case offer a radio?? Pics? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hummn,,that makes e feel special,, LOL my 1970-71 , 1070 has factory air , ,hope to get it workin this year ..heater worx great !. never have tinkered with the aftermarket radio in the corner yet...

Iowa Barber
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 30 series Factory Cab,did Case offer a radio?? Pics? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The compressor was the square Techumpseh (spelling) and was mounted high on the left side of the diesel engine under the hood. It used a special type of strechy belt and was a pain in the a?? to keep it from squealing. Brian

Iowa Barber
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 30 series Factory Cab,did Case offer a radio?? Pics? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm sorry Rod I meant right side of engine. Brian

Ande
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: 30 series Factory Cab,did Case offer a radio?? Pics? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree with you Loren.

Ande
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: 30 series Factory Cab,did Case offer a radio?? Pics? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Brian,your chest must have really stuck out when the "930" came to the farm,I really think a "930" or "1030" with factory cabs were sure swell.
Do you know what happen to the tractor? Any pics?

Iowa Barber
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: 30 series Factory Cab,did Case offer a radio?? Pics? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ande, Yes we were very proud as it was my first and only new trctor. Sorry to say we had to sell it on the farm sale in the 80's crush to save the farm. We had almost all Case equipment and it sold well. Yes, it did have a rear fuel tank, radio, heater and rear fuel tank. Brian

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.