brush grubber

glennster

bought a hd brush grubber some years ago to pull trees and brush, and honeysuckle. it didnt always grab and getting on and off the tractor was getting old. made one with some 1 1/2 inch pipe, welded a 5/16 grab hook on one end. feed chain thru pipe, wrap around tree and hook chain. as you pull chain tightens and tree comes out. no slippage

Attachments

• IMG_2401.jpeg
    IMG_2401.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 125
bought a hd brush grubber some years ago to pull trees and brush, and honeysuckle. it didnt always grab and getting on and off the tractor was getting old. made one with some 1 1/2 inch pipe, welded a 5/16 grab hook on one end. feed chain thru pipe, wrap around tree and hook chain. as you pull chain tightens and tree comes out. no slippage
I've never used a grubber, just always wrapped the chain as best I could around the "trunk" and usually the chain came loose, looks like this set up would have less failure cuz the chain can slip and tighten without risk of unhooking. Thanks for the idea.

I just for little stuff wrap the chain around then put a couple half hitches in it around the trunk and it comes up when I lift . Once in a while it will slip some but then will grab abd out it comes. Most brush If I'm cleaning up a spot I just doze it over some then back blade it and pull out the brush from the loose dirt If I had a heavy rake to use it would speed it up. Since I don't I do it this way. Gets a lot loose at once and no chain.

gleenster.
If I recall you recommended the brush grubber many years ago.
I bought one and it didn't work.

I use an old flaring tool clamp on small saplings when nothing else works.
Then put a chain below the clamp. Lift out with the loader.

gleenster.
If I recall you recommended the brush grubber many years ago.
I bought one and it didn't work.

I use an old flaring tool clamp on small saplings when nothing else works.
Then put a chain below the clamp. Lift out with the loader.
the hd grubber works on small trees from say inch and a half up to about 4 inches. smaller than that they just strip bark. small saplings i just snip off at ground level and apply tordon. i use 5/16 chain on the pipe and so far havent had it slip off as the pipe digs in to the tree.

the hd grubber works on small trees from say inch and a half up to about 4 inches. smaller than that they just strip bark. small saplings i just snip off at ground level and apply tordon. i use 5/16 chain on the pipe and so far havent had it slip off as the pipe digs in to the tree.
I some time wait for my trees to get about an inch or more then wrap a small chain about 5 wraps and it pulls out without stripping the bark

Do what works for you 😉

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back