Manual fuel shutoff on 630

obH

I'm working through some issues on my 630 and have to rebuild the auto shutoff sediment bowl. The diaphragm's failed and fuel leaked into the crankcase as many others have experienced. I don't really want to change out to a manual sediment assembly like from an A or similar machine, but I did think about installing a stainless shutoff between the tank and the auto shutoff bowl. Has anyone done this before, if so any thoughts? My thought is I could still have the function of the auto shutoff and a "belt and suspenders" fix incase the diaphragm fails again in the future with a manual shutoff valve that is easy to turn.

I'm working through some issues on my 630 and have to rebuild the auto shutoff sediment bowl. The diaphragm's failed and fuel leaked into the crankcase as many others have experienced. I don't really want to change out to a manual sediment assembly like from an A or similar machine, but I did think about installing a stainless shutoff between the tank and the auto shutoff bowl. Has anyone done this before, if so any thoughts? My thought is I could still have the function of the auto shutoff and a "belt and suspenders" fix incase the diaphragm fails again in the future with a manual shutoff valve that is easy to turn.
I'd get rid of that auto shut off in a heartbeat.

Mine has a filter and a ball valve. Drilled a hole in the ball valve lever and ran an old shutter control rod through the dash. Can shut the fuel on and off from the seat. When closed the rod blocks out reverse and first so you notice it when you get on to use it.

Fuel can also travel down the oil supply line to the automatic shutoff when the diaphragms fail. Going to put a valve in that line too?

My thought was to add the manual shutoff directly to the tank and the auto shutoff below that.

Attachments

• shutoff.PNG
    shutoff.PNG
    304.8 KB · Views: 7

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back