Massey TO35 the lift arms vibrating

mossdm

New User
The lift on my MF TO 35 stopped so I replaced the leather and O ring in lift cylinder. When I started it up the lift arms are vibrating. The arms stay in the position i put them but its shaking so bad i cant attach an implement to it. did I do something wrong or is another part bad? I appreciate any help. Thanks

The lift on my MF TO 35 stopped so I replaced the leather and O ring in lift cylinder. When I started it up the lift arms are vibrating. The arms stay in the position i put them but its shaking so bad i cant attach an implement to it. did I do something wrong or is another part bad? I appreciate any help. Thanks
I had this issue on my Ford 2000. When New Holland purchased Ford they eliminated all the different fluids and sold only one viscosity of oil claiming it was all the same. These older tractors used a heavy oil. The newer fluid is to thin. Took me almost a year to figure this out. As one ford machinic told me, Trust that 1950's engineer, he put 80 weight oil in there for a reason. What you're feeling is the several small pistons in the pump moving the thin oil.

Last edited:
Could be valves in pump is letting oil go by and vibrating trying to hold pressure. If tractor has original pump use 80 wt oil. If it’s been changed to new style pump thru the years you can use hy-Tran oil. For 80 wt oil I buy from TSC and on bottles it has for old Fords transmission. It’s same as original type oil that was used at factory.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back