MF 1085 hydraulic filter housing

Benartm80

New User
Trying to replace the hydraulic filter and the cast 1” nut on the bottom of the housing broke off.

Thinking of switching to a spin on filter housing but not sure what specs I should look for. Any recommendations?
9C79A38F-7395-4AA4-BE2D-660503279FA6.jpeg

Trying to replace the hydraulic filter and the cast 1” nut on the bottom of the housing broke off.

Thinking of switching to a spin on filter housing but not sure what specs I should look for. Any recommendations?View attachment 64805
You need to find the pressure rating, micron rating, flow rating, and if it has a bypass relief inside the housing for that MF filter you have, to start comparing other units that might replace it.

My 2 cents: wrap a big pipe wrench around the housing and take it off. If the cast canister survives removal, have a large automotive nut brazed onto the bottom to replace the broken nut.

I would Not replace the original set up. That filter housing will unscrew easily if taping lightly with a hammer in the threaded area while trying to spin it off.

Will keep trying to get that housing off. Drained the oil and it had a metallic shimmer to it. Trying to get the basic things taking care of to see if we can get the remotes back in sufficient working order.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back