Montgomery Wards cement mixer

robbie53m

New User
Hi all, I have an old Wards cement mixer (probably a GIL-264714A or 26493B) with a 3/4HP Baldor motor. The starting capacitor is fried! And the label has disintegrated to illegible. I have narrowed down a replacement cap to 3 different ones - all different MFD but the correct size. Does anyone out there have a clue which one I might need? The Wards model number is long gone as is the Baldor motor model#. Any help would be appreciated! The motor still works with a "jump start" but I'd like to get it fixed.

Hi all, I have an old Wards cement mixer (probably a GIL-264714A or 26493B) with a 3/4HP Baldor motor. The starting capacitor is fried! And the label has disintegrated to illegible. I have narrowed down a replacement cap to 3 different ones - all different MFD but the correct size. Does anyone out there have a clue which one I might need? The Wards model number is long gone as is the Baldor motor model#. Any help would be appreciated! The motor still works with a "jump start" but I'd like to get it fixed.
Generally, there's no harm in using the biggest start cap that will fit in the available space.

I have a old Wards cement mixer and maybe the same one. Mine came with a open 1/2 Hp motor and seems to have plenty of power? I have not used it much but think a smaller motor would be a cheap fix??

So I installed a 460-552uf capacitor (the larger of the 3 caps that would fit) and it starts just fine now. Thanks to all who responded! -Robbie

I know this subject has been resolve but thought some may be interested in what Montgomery-Wards offered about 1982 in the Farm Catalog they used to send out. Just found the page and don't have the prices & specs??Cleddy
.Might be some interest in this page from Montgomery-Ward farm catalog from about 1982?

Attachments

• Document_2024-07-20_083255.jpg
    Document_2024-07-20_083255.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back