New Holland TS90 No Start (Fuel Issue)

ksgoldendemo

New User
I have a New Holland TS90 that sat for a couple of years not having been started. I went to start it the other day and knew it needed a battery, so I installed a new one. I turned the key and cranked it and all it did was crank and crank without starting. I waited a minute and tried again. This time it fired up, ran at wide open throttle (on its own) for I’m guessing 5-10 seconds and then died. I waited a minute again and tried again to start it. It would only crank and crank, but never again fired. I decided to check the fuel situation at this point. I found that the lift pump was pushing fuel to the injection pump, but the injection pump wasn’t sending out fuel to the lines that run to the injectors. The pump (as far as I can tell) is a Delphi DP200 (maybe DP203 to be exact).
What my guess currently is, is that I have an injection pump that needs rebuilt, but don’t want to get to that point if there’s something I may be missing that’s an easier, and obviously cheaper fix. Additionally, the way the pump is bolted in will be a huge task for removal, because the heads of the mounting bolts are concealed behind the engine front cover.

I appreciate and look forward to the responses.

Going to wide open is a very common indicator of running out of fuel. Generally you want to try easy cheap things before difficult expensive. In your situation you need to go through the complete bleed procedure in your owners manual. Most likely you pushed some air into the pump.

Going to wide open is a very common indicator of running out of fuel. Generally you want to try easy cheap things before difficult expensive. In your situation you need to go through the complete bleed procedure in your owners manual. Most likely you pushed some air into the pump.
I did.
Fuel gets to the pump, just not outwards from the pump to the injectors.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back