Super Major pto issue

Having some troubles with a new to me tractor. Super major runs and drives great but pto will not spin.
With the tractor off I can engage the pto lever and hear a distinct clunk but yet the pto shaft spins freely by hand.
While running pto lever moves freely to engage position but yet no shaft movement.
From what I have gathered it’s live pto. My high low lever indicates high in upward position.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Having some troubles with a new to me tractor. Super major runs and drives great but pto will not spin.
With the tractor off I can engage the pto lever and hear a distinct clunk but yet the pto shaft spins freely by hand.
While running pto lever moves freely to engage position but yet no shaft movement.
From what I have gathered it’s live pto. My high low lever indicates high in upward position.

Thank you in advance for the help.
That is a bit of a strange one. You definitely have a "Live" with your High in the up position. Do the hydraulics work OK when the PTO is in gear?
If you have no hydraulics, the first place to check will be the selector, drain the gearbox and take the PTO selector plate off and see what is happening there. It is a straight shaft from there to the rear, so any problems could be in the gearbox or clutch.

That is a bit of a strange one. You definitely have a "Live" with your High in the up position. Do the hydraulics work OK when the PTO is in gear?
If you have no hydraulics, the first place to check will be the selector, drain the gearbox and take the PTO selector plate off and see what is happening there. It is a straight shaft from there to the rear, so any problems could be in the gearbox or clutch.
I forgot to mention that, no hydraulics either.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back