Tractor project in March - Super C

Charlie M

All of my tractor projects have to be done out doors and until this year I've never done one here in western NY in March. Even if we got a nice day it was too muddy to get the tractor from winter storage to the house to work on it. This year we've had some 60, even 70 degree days and no melting snow to make mud so I got my Super C out to do some work on it. I split the tractor to change the input shaft seal at the transmission and while I had a lot of stuff apart to do that I took the touch control unit off and fixed a leak. I rebuilt that a couple of years ago and it worked well on a cultivator then suddenly one day it was leaking from one cylinder. I took it apart and found an O-ring beat up badly. I don't know if something happened the first time when I put it together or something else happened later. Both jobs are oily messy jobs - glad they are done. Still got some wiring and lights to do. The other day I asked about taking tractors to parades with a rust paint job and I think this is going to be the tractor I take. Parade isn't until September so I got time to get everything done I want to do, including new rear tires.

All of my tractor projects have to be done out doors and until this year I've never done one here in western NY in March. Even if we got a nice day it was too muddy to get the tractor from winter storage to the house to work on it. This year we've had some 60, even 70 degree days and no melting snow to make mud so I got my Super C out to do some work on it. I split the tractor to change the input shaft seal at the transmission and while I had a lot of stuff apart to do that I took the touch control unit off and fixed a leak. I rebuilt that a couple of years ago and it worked well on a cultivator then suddenly one day it was leaking from one cylinder. I took it apart and found an O-ring beat up badly. I don't know if something happened the first time when I put it together or something else happened later. Both jobs are oily messy jobs - glad they are done. Still got some wiring and lights to do. The other day I asked about taking tractors to parades with a rust paint job and I think this is going to be the tractor I take. Parade isn't until September so I got time to get everything done I want to do, including new rear tires.
Is the parade in Ionia?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back