YM1600 hydraulic filter

Hi all

Thought I'd start my own post on this.

With Winston's help I think I've found my hydraulic filter (triangular thing in pic). However, replacement filters seem to be hard to come by in the UK. Does anyone have a part number or anything I can search for? There seem to be more parts for these old Yanmars in the US.

Secondly, I assume once I undo the 3 bolts around the flange, hydraulic fluid will come pouring out, all 20 litres of it?
Is there a gasket under the flange, or anything else I need to order before I take it to pieces? Might it need bleeding afterwards, or would lifting and dropping the 3PL etc. get any air out?

Finally, in the UK we have UTTO (Universal Tractor Transmission Oil) - this sort of thing. https://www.ryeoil.co.uk/shop/utto-universal-tractor-transmission-oil/
I assume this would be OK to refill my YM1600? I believe it needs to be compatible with JD 303 / HyTrans, but no one seems to make that any more, probably because it's a 40 year old tractor!

Thank you.

Attachments

• 20240530_162849.png
    20240530_162849.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 41
Hi all

Thought I'd start my own post on this.

With Winston's help I think I've found my hydraulic filter (triangular thing in pic). However, replacement filters seem to be hard to come by in the UK. Does anyone have a part number or anything I can search for? There seem to be more parts for these old Yanmars in the US.

Secondly, I assume once I undo the 3 bolts around the flange, hydraulic fluid will come pouring out, all 20 litres of it?
Is there a gasket under the flange, or anything else I need to order before I take it to pieces? Might it need bleeding afterwards, or would lifting and dropping the 3PL etc. get any air out?

Finally, in the UK we have UTTO (Universal Tractor Transmission Oil) - this sort of thing. https://www.ryeoil.co.uk/shop/utto-universal-tractor-transmission-oil/
I assume this would be OK to refill my YM1600? I believe it needs to be compatible with JD 303 / HyTrans, but no one seems to make that any more, probably because it's a 40 year old tractor!

Thank you.
Did you download the parts manual for free off of the YTOG yet?
This will tell you is the filter screen is re-usable. Then all you need to do is clean it, put it back in, refill the fluid and be running again.

Many thanks gents.

I do have the parts manual, but hadn't managed to confirm if the filter was cleanable. Will look up the parts numbers mentioned, and get some gasket paper and cut my own if necessary.

Cheers.

Many thanks gents.

I do have the parts manual, but hadn't managed to confirm if the filter was cleanable. Will look up the parts numbers mentioned, and get some gasket paper and cut my own if necessary.

Cheers.
No need for a gasket. Behind the tri-lobe late, it has an o-ring gland with a large sealing o-ring. (y)

more info in this blog,

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back